Viv and John Dodds

Annaleigh

Can someone please explain then what a bisexual person likes for sure? I thought someone like Dodds would definitely be bisexual since he married Viv but still liked dudes. I don't know, I'm confused. :lucythrill:

Wellllllllllllllllllllll, i can only speak from personal SPERIENCE, i am only turned on by dudes, BUT, i made a SEPTION one time when i met Claire, a sophisticated beauty who stole my heart, when she died of cancer, i went back to dudes as nobody ever rang my bell like she did, although she would get upset when i'd put a picture of Brad Pitt over her face as we made love. I think bisexual means you can go to either all the time, only worked once for me, well, Claire and Lucy. :lucythrill:

There's many others who were married to women before but are gay now, i'm sure some married as it was the thing to do, to shut everyone up, but when they finally settle down for good and want a more honest life, they go back to their first longings or stirrings, ok, have to go take a cold shower now, just turned myself on. :lucythrill::lucydisgust:

Wellllllllllllllllllllll, i can only speak from personal SPERIENCE, i am only turned on by dudes, BUT, i made a SEPTION one time when i met Claire, a sophisticated beauty who stole my heart, when she died of cancer, i went back to dudes as nobody ever rang my bell like she did, although she would get upset when i'd put a picture of Brad Pitt over her face as we made love. I think bisexual means you can go to either all the time, only worked once for me, well, Claire and Lucy. :lucythrill:

You fell for this woman?

So therefore you prefer men so you are homosexual but open-minded to love. As long as you have those special feelings for a person, doesn't matter the sex. I don't believe there is a special name for it.

One has to remember this all happened some fifty years ago and the world was very different then. I can't imagine very many gay men at the time not at least making some sort of attempt at hetereosexuality given the attitudes of the day on this issue even among liberals. Obviously even in the publishing industry of New York it must have been hard if not impossible to be openly gay. Viv and John appear to have been very great friends who fell into a quasi-romantic relationship that they decided to take to a more intimate and serious level. I don't think he was a mere "companion" for her, she was still kind of young for that. Nobody knows how big a role intercourse played in their relationship but then that's their business and not necessarily a yardstick (no double entendre intended :lucythrill:) to judge a successful marriage by. They appeared to have a had a very happy marriage and it worked for them. And it's not a surprise that John "went back" to being gay after Vivian passed away, after all it was a very different world in the early 1980's than it was in the early 1960's probably even much more different than the 1980's are from today and we know how big a change that has been.

One has to remember this all happened some fifty years ago and the world was very different then. I can't imagine very many gay men at the time not at least making some sort of attempt at hetereosexuality given the attitudes of the day on this issue even among liberals. Obviously even in the publishing industry of New York it must have been hard if not impossible to be openly gay. Viv and John appear to have been very great friends who fell into a quasi-romantic relationship that they decided to take to a more intimate and serious level. I don't think he was a mere "companion" for her, she was still kind of young for that. Nobody knows how big a role intercourse played in their relationship but then that's their business and not necessarily a yardstick (no double entendre intended :lucythrill:) to judge a successful marriage by. They appeared to have a had a very happy marriage and it worked for them. And it's not a surprise that John "went back" to being gay after Vivian passed away, after all it was a very different world in the early 1980's than it was in the early 1960's probably even much more different than the 1980's are from today and we know how big a change that has been.

Very good point and very well said.

Lucy Carter: It all started with Queen Malakahulakahula.

Vivian Jones: Malakahulakahula?

(cut)

Lucille Ball: ... that needs a "queen".

Vivian Vance: Who doesn't?! :D

LOL! I know, i think of her and John every time i hear her say that line. She left one QUEEN on the set to go to her other QUEEN at home.

Beautifully said. I wish we could have more info into theor relationship and just about John.

That's what the NET is for sweetie, type in MAN MAKING MONEY OFF OF VIV and see what happens. I still wonder why this guy did not leave all this stuff to her sister.

Ditto! Kind of odd if you ask me.

But one thing that should be released is her autobiography. I would LOVE to read that. That would be on top of my list of books to purchase.

It has been released: "The Other Side Of Ethel Mertz"

No... they found a manuscript that she wrote about her life. It's in the I Love Ethel-Vivian Vance archive that was posted a few years ago.

I would love to see what else she said and I really hope it will be published.

Here..

http://blog.sfgate.com/collectivemind/2010/01/19/i-love-ethel-a-vivian-vance-archive-uncovered/

• 2 years later...

Archived