Lucy and Desi photo thread :)

Annaleigh

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I put this up several years ago. Will try to find the disc and post the whole thing.

Verna's leap out the window still amazes me.  The big unanswered question: what did they have for her to land on??

They're in Desi's house but no mention is made of the fact that it is also Lucy's house.  Something Matt (Lily's son-in-law) has done has caused Desi's den foundation to sink on one side.  Lily and Hilda are there to try to talk Desi out of suing Matt.

I've got several December Bride discs.  Verna Felton and Harry Morgan WERE the show.  Matt and Ruth are OK, but not exactly comedians.  Spring Byington,, mother of Ruth and lives with them. is the star, but her character is just TOO sweet--gets along with everyone.  She's certainly appealing but being that affable doesn't lend itself well to comic situations.  She has no mother-in-law conflict with Matt; doesn't mother-hen Ruth.   I don't think she and BF Hilda ever had a knock-down, drag-out fight like Lucy and Ethel. 

Young Mr. Wilburn has uploaded two fantastic Desi-less scenes from the episode. Maybe he could be persuaded to upload the whole thin'?

I put this up several years ago. Will try to find the disc and post the whole thing.

Verna's leap out the window still amazes me.  The big unanswered question: what did they have for her to land on??

They're in Desi's house but no mention is made of the fact that it is also Lucy's house.  Something Matt (Lily's son-in-law) has done has caused Desi's den foundation to sink on one side.  Lily and Hilda are there to try to talk Desi out of suing Matt.

I've got several December Bride discs.  Verna Felton and Harry Morgan WERE the show.  Matt and Ruth are OK, but not exactly comedians.  Spring Byington,, mother of Ruth and lives with them. is the star, but her character is just TOO sweet--gets along with everyone.  She's certainly appealing but being that affable doesn't lend itself well to comic situations.  She has no mother-in-law conflict with Matt; doesn't mother-hen Ruth.   I don't think she and BF Hilda ever had a knock-down, drag-out fight like Lucy and Ethel. 

Had the show featured Verna Felton as the main character with Spring as her sidekick it would have had much stronger legs in syndication.

Archived