Lucy and Desi photo thread :)

Annaleigh

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

At a horse race in 1956. It looks like the jockey was presented with a chafing dish. :lucyshock:

lucydesijockey.jpg

Dun't laugh, you know how many fondues he later made in that THING? The candid shot with the three of 'em, Lucy, Lucie and Desi, did they all overdose on the make up? And what about the CHAFING Lucy did to that jockey's lips?

I can't speak for her parents, but it looks like Lucie just got offstage and is still in her stage makeup.

No, i figured THAT, she looks worse than her mom did when she tried to get away from the mobsters in Fuller Brush Girl, MmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmPpppppppppppppppoppppppppppsssssssssssss!

I think i DO know her but the name cannot come to mind, Rickee or Harry will get it i'm sure, obviously some famous Latina.

I do not recognize the lady in the middle, but the man next to Lucy is the famous Mexican actor, Cantinflas. He was referred to as the "Charlie Chaplin of Mexico". To audiences in the United States, he is best remembered as co-starring with David Niven in Around the World in 80 Days (1956). It is possible, that it might be his wife.

I do not recognize the lady in the middle, but the man next to Lucy is the famous Mexican actor, Cantinflas. He was referred to as the "Charlie Chaplin of Mexico". To audiences in the United States, he is best remembered as co-starring with David Niven in Around the World in 80 Days (1956). It is possible, that it might be his wife.

Oh that's why he was so familiar, Cantinflas, of course, his wife looks like an actress too, sort of resembles a bit of Ida Lupino. Very attractive.

• 4 weeks later...

WOW, some great rare shots!! Couldn't pick just one fave but man, does Desi ever look sexy in that shot with tousled hair and the beginnings of a beard -- who would have thunk it?? And I love seeing any pics of Chatsworth as I think that's when they were their happiest (is that one shot where there standing outside in front of a literal wall of windows taken there? It doesn't look familiar to anything I've seen before so I can't be sure). Thanks for posting these....and another thing the truly seem to highlight is just how much in love they were with one another. These few shots alone just reinforce my thinking that compared to Desi, Gary was "hubby lite" and a very distant second to life long true love Arnaz. Sigh. Wonder what THAT feels like??

lucydaze.JPG

WOW, some great rare shots!! Couldn't pick just one fave but man, does Desi ever look sexy in that shot with tousled hair and the beginnings of a beard -- who would have thunk it?? And I love seeing any pics of Chatsworth as I think that's when they were their happiest (is that one shot where there standing outside in front of a literal wall of windows taken there? It doesn't look familiar to anything I've seen before so I can't be sure). Thanks for posting these....and another thing the truly seem to highlight is just how much in love they were with one another. These few shots alone just reinforce my thinking that compared to Desi, Gary was "hubby lite" and a very distant second to life long true love Arnaz. Sigh. Wonder what THAT feels like??

lucydaze.JPG

I think you hit the nail right on the head, she could boss gary around while still giving him his stature and space whereas Desi was his own man, she built him up also but could not dictate to him how things were going to be like she could with the bagel boy.

• 3 months later...

Archived