five Motion Picture Daily Awards

Will

Lucy won 12 Motion Picture Daily Awards as Best Comedienne from 1952-1960 and 1962-1966. Lucy won in 1951 as Most Promising Newcomer. She shared two awards with Desi as Best Comedy Team.

None of Lucy's specials won any awards.

It must have been ironic, amusing or downright puzzling to Lucy that she won 1951's "Most Promising Newcomer" after 18 years in the business.

It must have been ironic, amusing or downright puzzling to Lucy that she won 1951's "Most Promising Newcomer" after 18 years in the business.

I know but she only became a sensation at the age of forty or so, before that, her grape was just one of the bunch. Speaking of grapes, i saw something yesterday on E Bay, Lucy stomping grapes on the cover and the inscription beneath said THE GRAPES OF WRATH! Famous 30's movie with Henry Fonda. Except they called it THE GRAPES OF LAUGHS!

I am surprised Here's Lucy didn't receive awards just some nominations but I am so happy it is from I Love Lucy, Lucy Desi Comedy Hours and The Lucy Show that Lucy won awards. Those were her peak performance years and 12 is amazing. I like an article I read that Julia louis-dreyfus has tied Lucy for most performance nominatons 13. While their are more nominations and categories today it is amazing Lucy has had this record for so long. I am glad she won 4 performance Emmys and her special one in 1989.

I am surprised Here's Lucy didn't receive awards just some nominations but I am so happy it is from I Love Lucy, Lucy Desi Comedy Hours and The Lucy Show that Lucy won awards. Those were her peak performance years and 12 is amazing. I like an article I read that Julia louis-dreyfus has tied Lucy for most performance nominatons 13. While their are more nominations and categories today it is amazing Lucy has had this record for so long. I am glad she won 4 performance Emmys and her special one in 1989.

Yes, Julia had some for only SUPPORTING actress for that B show seinfeld. But you'er right, now that they give for best guest actress, Lucy could have gotten a whole slew of those but they didn't have them back in her day and all those awards now for best hair, she would have won everyone of those i'm sure, LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Julia had some for only SUPPORTING actress for that B show seinfeld. But you'er right, now that they give for best guest actress, Lucy could have gotten a whole slew of those but they didn't have them back in her day and all those awards now for best hair, she would have won everyone of those i'm sure, LOL!

I loke that. Her hair styles were usually great and helped her look younger than she was. Did Here's Lucy win any awards? I knows the 3 Golden Globe nominations for Lucy and 2 Emmy nominations for writing and Gale but did Lucy or the show win any awards? I think the Emmys now have too many nominations and categories so it is less than an honor than it used to be.

Does anyone know about Photoplay Gold Medal awards. Did Lucy get any? On google Archive it appears in 1977 Clark Gable and her lost to John Wayne as "favorite all-time star." and she was a presenter in 1978. Did anyother magazines have awards that honored Lucy?

Archived