Forever Darling

Very true. But one upgrade is that Lucy's wardrobe is way more stunning in this film!

But didn't she wear some of those outfits on the show so you had only seen them in black and white up till then. No need to comment about the movie, Brock said it all above. I play it with Critic's Choice, all style and no substance. Lucy looked terrific in both though.

I love her walk up the stairs after she comes back from the movie, super classy and sexy. Also is it just me or when Larry tries to get Susan to go on the trip after that fight you can only think of how that scene was used with their real life in the Home Movies doc. It somehow makes Larry's line "I don't want to ever lose you baby.", so much more real and so much more heart renching.

I love her walk up the stairs after she comes back from the movie, super classy and sexy. Also is it just me or when Larry tries to get Susan to go on the trip after that fight you can only think of how that scene was used with their real life in the Home Movies doc. It somehow makes Larry's line "I don't want to ever lose you baby.", so much more real and so much more heart renching.

True, it did mirror their real lives a lot, i think the movie plays well in a sophisticated way rather than slapsticky on their tv show but the thing needed more comedy, that's fer dang shur!

But didn't she wear some of those outfits on the show so you had only seen them in black and white up till then. No need to comment about the movie, Brock said it all above. I play it with Critic's Choice, all style and no substance. Lucy looked terrific in both though.

No. I don't believe so. Like that yellow one with the flowers going up and down from the waist and the pointy collar. It was the same style but in Forever Darling it was longer and was worn with pants but in ILL it was a shorter dress. Suzy had more expensive taste than Lucy! Lol. But the clothing in The Long, Long Trailer was different. They eventually made it onto ILL.

The outfits she wears when they are out of town might be the same as in ILL but the dresses were never on ILL. I believe.

Has anyone noticed how bad the colouring is? Everyone looks green for some reason - especially Mason! The movie is ok - not a favourite of mine, in all honesty, I find it all quite depressing, it's not what you would call a happy movie.

I feel as if I'm the only fan to adore this film. It's not the greatest but I love the basic plot line.

Wouldn't say I adore it but I like it and think it's underrated and could have been much better with another script revision. It's a little unsettling though seeing Lucy and Desi fight in this with more intensity than their ILL spats especially with what we know now about their private lives in this period (though Lucy is pretty funny mocking Desi sucking his teeth), wonderful supporting cast though, love Natalie Schafer and Nancy Kulp, and that bit with Lucy replacing Marilyn Maxwell was pretty clever and fun.

I hate seeing Lucy and Desi fighting as much as the next person. Plus I'm sure that is why it was such a critical flop, everyone wanted to see what they saw in ILL and The Long, Long Trailer, a more happily married couple. But by the end it became full circle, it's a very cute romantic comedy with a different type of plot. I also like the comedic scenes Lucy had from the fishing, the sleeping bag, and the boat.

Plus wasn't it great to just see them in color?

I hate seeing Lucy and Desi fighting as much as the next person. Plus I'm sure that is why it was such a critical flop, everyone wanted to see what they saw in ILL and The Long, Long Trailer, a more happily married couple. But by the end it became full circle, it's a very cute romantic comedy with a different type of plot. I also like the comedic scenes Lucy had from the fishing, the sleeping bag, and the boat.

Yes, it was wonderful to see them in colour but I find the movie uncomfortable to watch

Yes, whenever Lucy came out with anything that was in color, it was a sensation, people had only seen her in black and white on tv so they were anxious to see that red hair they had heard so much about. I think i never saw Critic's hoice at the theater as i only started going a few years later so my revelation of Lucy in color was Yours Mine and Ours. It was also my first time of hearing a full audience laughing at ther antics. Which was mesmerizing, no wait, the first one of those was at school when they screened Fuller Brush Girl, in French, in the school gym.

Yes, whenever Lucy came out with anything that was in color, it was a sensation, people had only seen her in black and white on tv so they were anxious to see that red hair they had heard so much about. I think i never saw Critic's hoice at the theater as i only started going a few years later so my revelation of Lucy in color was Yours Mine and Ours. It was also my first time of hearing a full audience laughing at ther antics. Which was mesmerizing, no wait, the first one of those was at school when they screened Fuller Brush Girl, in French, in the school gym.

I would kill to see any Lucy film in theatres. Lucky you living in the best decades! I believe at least.

I got close. Lucyfest had shown Forever Darling in the same theatre it had it's premiere and those also showed Stone Pillow. Forever Darling was really nice and to have that shared experience with other fans.

Oh you lucky devil, what a great story. Closest i came to that was Lucy in Mame on the biggest screen in Montreal, premiere day with only a few dozen people in the audience for the afternoon showing. There was something about seeing her on that gigantic screen again, her every movement was like that scene from Funny Girl where Babs is in all black and all you see are those gigantic hands and that face on the screen. Brock, please, no nasty lines here.

Oh you lucky devil, what a great story. Closest i came to that was Lucy in Mame on the biggest screen in Montreal, premiere day with only a few dozen people in the audience for the afternoon showing. There was something about seeing her on that gigantic screen again, her every movement was like that scene from Funny Girl where Babs is in all black and all you see are those gigantic hands and that face on the screen. Brock, please, no nasty lines here.

Mame too?! So lucky! I would've love to see that film in theatres.

Maybe I should get my fellow Rocky Horror cast mates to do a shadow cast of Mame?! Hahaha.

Mame too?! So lucky! I would've love to see that film in theatres.

Maybe I should get my fellow Rocky Horror cast mates to do a shadow cast of Mame?! Hahaha.

Yeah but with Mame they ooooooooohd and ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhd at her outfits but seldom laughed like they did at Yours Mine and whozitz. Oh the Mame number did get some reaction i think, it was so beautiful on that BIG screen.

Yeah but with Mame they ooooooooohd and ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhd at her outfits but seldom laughed like they did at Yours Mine and whozitz. Oh the NMame number did get some reaction i think, it was so beautiful on that BIG screen.

Okay. I see what you mean. Both of those films she looked so gorgeous. I would love to see The Long, Long Trailer and DuBarry was a Lady too. Any film that showed her in that marvelous color!

Okay. I see what you mean. Both of those films she looked so gorgeous. I would love to see The Long, Long Trailer and DuBarry was a Lady too. Any film that showed her in that marvelous color!

That's the thing, the most beautiful and colorful woman the world has ever known and her most famous legacy is a black and white television show, where she still looked sensational though i might add. But the show just has to be colorized at some point!

That's the thing, the most beautiful and colorful woman the world has ever known and her most famous legacy is a black and white television show, where she still looked sensational though i might add. But the show just has to be colorized at some point!

I would buy it, of course. But I wish there was a way we could get the actual colors of every thing, which is impossible. Only way I will be completely disappointed is if it ends up looking like the first seasons of I Dream of Jeannie and Bewitched colorized. :lucydisgust: I adjust the TV to black and white when watching those. They look horrid.

I would buy it, of course. But I wish there was a way we could get the actual colors of every thing, which is impossible. Only way I will be completely disappointed is if it ends up looking like the first seasons of I Dream of Jeannie and Bewitched colorized. :lucydisgust: I adjust the TV to black and white when watching those. They look horrid.

No, nowadays they can do wonders with everything on film, it wouldn't be that wishy washy fade out color from those shows.

No, nowadays they can do wonders with everything on film, it wouldn't be that wishy washy fade out color from those shows.

I hope so! I would be completely disappointed. Once again if anything they should release "Best of I Love Lucy" DVD all colorized and see the reception!

I hope so! I would be completely disappointed. Once again if anything they should release "Best of I Love Lucy" DVD all colorized and see the reception!

I know I'm in the minority here and don't wanna open a can of worms but did most of you see/get the "Best of" collection recently with the colorized "Grape Stomping" episode? Am I the only one who wasn't impressed? The quality, IMHO seemed to be all over the place; i.e., the early train sequence and the end hotel scene were kind of "blahh" looking; the ones set in the vineyard seemed more "lively" looking and yes, for lack of a better word, more "colorful" than the others but if that's the best they can do, I think they should leave them alone.

:lucyeww:

Archived