The Operetta

I don't get why so many dislike this episode. I thought it was hysterical!

:lucyshock:/Chorus: And I'm their Gypsy . . .

:lucyhaha: QUEEEEEEEEEN!

Girl: *singing* There are some men backstage who are taking away the costumes and the scenery

:lucyshock: *singing* Well . . . I gave them a check!

I also thought it was hysterical how they just wheeled Fred away when he was trying to preach the wedding and the rental men handed Lucy a huge boulder. Also her :lucydisgust: face after she finishes drinking whatever she was drinking.

I don't get why anyone would dislike this episode. I've seen it hundreds of times and it never fails to make me laugh. I think it was brilliant. I was told by one of Lucy's intimates that it was her favorite episode. Of course, she also claimed that about "L.A. at Last!"

I don't get why anyone would dislike this episode. I've seen it hundreds of times and it never fails to make me laugh. I think it was brilliant. I was told by one of Lucy's intimates that it was her favorite episode. Of course, she also claimed that about "L.A. at Last!"

Lucy claimed a lot of ILL shows were her favorite LOL. I'm gonna say she had lots of favorites. Mine is "The Operetta" too. :peachonthebeach:

Lucy claimed a lot of ILL shows were her favorite LOL. I'm gonna say she had lots of favorites. Mine is "The Operetta" too. :peachonthebeach:

If I had to pick a favorite (which is not an easy thing to do) I would probably have to go with "The Operetta" as well. It's one episode where everyone in the cast truly shined and got big laughs, even the extras!

And the Dean Martin one and the BABY episode and . . . .

:lucyshock:/Chorus: And I'm their Gypsy . . .

:lucyhaha: QUEEEEEEEEEN!

Girl: *singing* There are some men backstage who are taking away the costumes and the scenery

:lucyshock: *singing* Well . . . I gave them a check!

I also thought it was hysterical how they just wheeled Fred away when he was trying to preach the wedding and the rental men handed Lucy a huge boulder. Also her :lucydisgust: face after she finishes drinking whatever she was drinking.

Because I Love Lucy was a comedy show and somtimes there were just too many musical numbers. BUT you DID pick some of the funniest lines though. I prefer the It bounnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnced!

And the Dean Martin one and the BABY episode and . . . .

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that maybe each time she gave a different answer to that "favorite episode" question, she had different criteria in mind. When she answered about the baby episode, she probably meant it was the episode that was most personally impactful and meaningful (i.e., sentimental) to her. When she responded that her favorite was "L.A. at Last!" she was probably saying that was her best overall performance, or the episode with the most classic comedy moments. When she said it was "The Operetta," she was probably thinking itt was the most fun episode to make. We all know how much she enjoyed doing shows with music, and that was one of the most musical I Love Lucy episodes. When she said "Dean Martin," perhaps it was from a professional standpoint. Dean Martin was at the top of his game and maybe exceeded her expectations as a performer and left her with positive feelings and good vibes.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that maybe each time she gave a different answer to that "favorite episode" question, she had different criteria in mind. When she answered about the baby episode, she probably meant it was the episode that was most personally impactful and meaningful (i.e., sentimental) to her. When she responded that her favorite was "L.A. at Last!" she was probably saying that was her best overall performance, or the episode with the most classic comedy moments. When she said it was "The Operetta," she was probably thinking itt was the most fun episode to make. We all know how much she enjoyed doing shows with music, and that was one of the most musical I Love Lucy episodes. When she said "Dean Martin," perhaps it was from a professional standpoint. Dean Martin was at the top of his game and maybe exceeded her expectations as a performer and left her with positive feelings and good vibes.

That has got to be one of the best posts i've ever read, very well said. I'd think their personal chemistry together was the reason for the Dean Martin one though. Let's face it, every woman adored Dean, he was sexual charisma personified and the whole plot of the show was just perfect and she never looked better on a show either.

That has got to be one of the best posts i've ever read, very well said. I'd think their personal chemistry together was the reason for the Dean Martin one though. Let's face it, every woman adored Dean, he was sexual charisma personified and the whole plot of the show was just perfect and she never loooked better on a show either.

Hear Hear! I "third" that motion! :lucythrill:

That has got to be one of the best posts i've ever read, very well said. I'd think their personal chemistry together was the reason for the Dean Martin one though. Let's face it, every woman adored Dean, he was sexual charisma personified and the whole plot of the show was just perfect and she never loooked better on a show either.

Wow, thank you very much. That means a whole lot coming from such a prolific poster as yourself! And even though I misspelled "it"?

Indeed, thank you, too. :) The truth is, I shouldn't be thanking anyone right now because I'm at work. :( I'm sneaking in a quick break. Stressful day today. I wish I could be Prince Lancelot, so I could sing a lot and dance a lot, but us little people still have to work.

Well I'm not sure who to thank but I'm not sure why the slights against arguably one of the funniest episodes of the entire series, especially impressive given it was early in the first (uneven) season!

"The Operetta" is one of my all-time favorite episodes. I still laugh out loud when I watch it!

Pleasant Peasant: Gypsy Queen, I'd like a worrrrd with youuu!

:lucy1: Go away, this is not your cue!

Pleasant Peasant: I knowww! But there's trrrrouble back stageeee!

:lucy1: What seems to be the trouble?

Pleasant Peasant: There are some men back stage who are taking away the costumes and the scenery! :obrien:

:lucy1: Well, I gave them a checkkk! :blink:

Pleasant Peasant: It bounced! It bah-ah-ah-ah-ah-bounced, bah-ah-ah-ah-ah-bounced, it bouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunced!

Lucy: It came back?!?! :lucyshock:

Pleasant Peasant: It was post-datedddd!

Lucy: I knowwwwww that!

Pleasant Peasant: Well what do we dooooooo?!

Lucy: Tell them to wait a minute! :lucycoy:

Pleasant Peasant: But they won't doooo it! :unsure:

Lucy: Well, take a STAB at it! B)

"The Operetta" is one of my all-time favorite episodes. I still laugh out loud when I watch it!

Pleasant Peasant: Gypsy Queen, I'd like a worrrrd with youuu!

:lucy1: Go away, this is not your cue!

Pleasant Peasant: I knowww! But there's trrrrouble back stageeee!

:lucy1: What seems to be the trouble?

Pleasant Peasant: There are some men back stage who are taking away the costumes and the scenery! :obrien:

:lucy1: Well, I gave them a checkkk! :blink:

Pleasant Peasant: It bounced! It bah-ah-ah-ah-ah-bounced, bah-ah-ah-ah-ah-bounced, it bouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunced!

Lucy: It came back?!?! :lucyshock:

Pleasant Peasant: It was post-datedddd!

Lucy: I knowwwwww that!

Pleasant Peasant: Well what do we dooooooo?!

Lucy: Tell them to wait a minute! :lucycoy:

Pleasant Peasant: But they won't doooo it! :unsure:

Lucy: Well, take a STAB at it! B)

That's my favorite part. LOL :lucythrill:

I am the good Sir Lancelot.

I love to sing and dance a lot!

I'm Lilly of the Valley.

From the quiet peaceful village over there. *points over there*

Hilarious lyrics!

Plus the above dialouge between Lucy and the extra, hilarious! Plus Viv really shines in this episode.

'Well take a stab at it!'

Wow, thank you very much. That means a whole lot coming from such a prolific poster as yourself! And even though I misspelled "it"?

Please, spelling's never important. I myself am the worst offender as English is not my first language but i can't help it, if i see one, i just want to joke about it, like the one i just saw a minute ago, there was great DIALOUGE on the show, yeah and did you see the Olympic trials of THE LOG? :lucythrill: Wasn't YOURS or MINE by the way, LOL!

Love the funny lyrics, love when the background singers chime in whenever Lucy opens her mouth, love the lyrics to the Lily of the Valley song (especially, "...on my arm is just my elbow ..." & her bawdy skirt lifting switch at the end! :marionstrong: ), love the chaos that ensues when the props & costumes are being taken back!

Who am I? Kaahom Klosser and I'll Tell U Who I Am.. uhh.. uhhhh... uhhhh ohhhhhh ... I am the queen of the gypsys..(love how she jumps when the chorus chimes in)

When Ethel sings "from the quiet peacful village over there".. and points off stage!

That look when she appears from a cloud of smoke and how she looks around when climbing out of that well.. she cracks me up I can't stop laughing!

I like to call it the Fred song.. I'm the good squire Quinn and I wanna SHOUT.. love that routine

When Desi is loosing his pants!!!!

Just my favorite episode by far of I Love Lucy!

Archived