Lucy Products They SHOULD Make

Mot Morenzi

With all the Lucy products on the market nowadays, I'm surprised some companies haven't picked up on ideas like these:

1) We've been seeing Lucy & Ethel chocolate bars for years now. It's a famous image, I get it. But what about some other food products like Aunt Sally's Pecan Pralines or Aunt Martha's Old Fashioned Salad Dressing? They could have some great pictures on the jars: Lucy and co. in the car, Lucy as Isabella Krump and Ethel as Mary Margaret McMertz, respectively.

2) California, Here We Come remote controlled car

3) Deep Sea Fishing remote controlled boat

4) Lucy on the runaway lawn mower remote control vehicle (okay you get the idea :) )

5) More Halloween costumes (starch vat dress, loving cup, giant headdress, Martian women suits, potato sack dresses, Japanese Indian Eskimo, etc.)

6) Giant bread pan for Lucy-size loaves (figure out the oven space yourselves)

7) mini wine vats to stomp your own grapes (with Lucy in Italy decal on the front, of course)

8) Vitametavegamin. I mean the actual product. Surely they can come up with some sort of health tonic with 23% alcohol!

9) Lucy through the years doll series. Rather than focusing on specific episodes, how about a series that showcases Lucy through each year, showing her evolving looks, changing hair and outfits, etc. I'd love to see some Lucy Show/Here's Lucy era dolls with her 60s/70s fashions.

10) Mr. Mooney piggy bank that spits out Gale Gordon quotes everytime you drop a coin in.

11) Crazy Crunch (with Viv's picture and "Buy it By the Bagley" on it)

12) Remote controlled helicopter with Lucy doll dangling out of it

Any other ideas?

Love those! All terrific! I always thought they should bottle some Vitameatavegamin, either with apple pectin or thick liquor like rum chata. Also the Crazy Crunch too, I mentioned that to a friend before! Haha. But I love the Aunt Martha's and Aunt Sally's idea too. They should definately do a TLS doll like Dave Woodman created! But sadly TLS products aren't very common.

9) Lucy through the years doll series. Rather than focusing on specific episodes, how about a series that showcases Lucy through each year, showing her evolving looks, changing hair and outfits, etc. I'd love to see some Lucy Show/Here's Lucy era dolls with her 60s/70s fashions.

10) Mr. Mooney piggy bank that spits out Gale Gordon quotes everytime you drop a coin in.

11) Crazy Crunch (with Viv's picture and "Buy it By the Bagley" on it)

Love all these suggestions, but I'd be first in line for the products above! :lucythrill: Unforgettable Licensing, the outfit that handles the licensing issues for Lucy products, posted a survey on the Old Lounge two or three years ago asking what types of things Lucy fans would like to see in shops. There were a lot of cool ideas on there that haven't yet seen the light of day, but one of the ones I thought was really neat was a line of clothes actually inspired by the clothes Lucy and Desi wore on the show, rather than T-shirts with their faces slapped on them. It would be particularly groovy to have, for instance, a line of blouses for women inspired by some of Elois' designs, or a series of neckties inspired by some of Desi's.

Love all these suggestions, but I'd be first in line for the products above! :lucythrill: Unforgettable Licensing, the outfit that handles the licensing issues for Lucy products, posted a survey on the Old Lounge two or three years ago asking what types of things Lucy fans would like to see in shops. There were a lot of cool ideas on there that haven't yet seen the light of day, but one of the ones I thought was really neat was a line of clothes actually inspired by the clothes Lucy and Desi wore on the show, rather than T-shirts with their faces slapped on them. It would be particularly groovy to have, for instance, a line of blouses for women inspired by some of Elois' designs, or a series of neckties inspired by some of Desi's.

That would be cool. I know Lucy and Lucie tried to do a line of Lucy Ricardo fashions in the 1980s, but they couldn't get any company interested. They all wanted to do the funny costumes and not the nice ones Lucy and Lucie had in mind.

That would be cool. I know Lucy and Lucie tried to do a line of Lucy Ricardo fashions in the 1980s, but they couldn't get any company interested. They all wanted to do the funny costumes and not the nice ones Lucy and Lucie had in mind.

Really?! I did not know of this!!! Lucie should try this again! I would definately be interested, but with my luck there would not be any plus sizes. :lucyblah:

What Brock said! Loving 9, 10 & 11! Also, I know it's not so much a "product" but they really need to release Life With Lucy!

Great ideas! Frankly, some of the products that have come out recently are bad representations - for instance the Ashton Drake Dolls look nothing like Lucy. Franklin Mint knows how to recreate her, they should have stuck with them. The quality is there too. I would like to see more merchandise geared towards men. The idea for Ricky Ricardo ties would be awesome. I'd love a smoking jacket/robe modeled after Ricky's. Instead I've got a plush pink robe to prance around in. Don't get me wrong, I love it and it's so comfortable but all pink is a little much.

Archived