Viv on Joan River's show

vivfantoo*

51dzRG4pXUL.-SL500-AA300--(1).jpg?t=20120220140720

Here's a couple of reviews of the recent DVD release of the show:

http://technorati.co...d-on-that-show/

http://insidepulse.c...rivers-vol-1-3/

Funny, don't remember that one at all. I remember her afternoon talk show where she did a 40th anniversary ILL tribute. And of course the three Lucy appearances on The Tonight show with Joan as substitute host and the one on Fox.

Yes, how about THAT! Looks like she bought 'em from Mad Mad Margo's offshoot clothing boutique.

I think Viv always resented her ILL wardrobe and must have kicked up a fuss about always looking inferior to Lucy clothes wise. I cite as examples her big showy ballroom type dress in the show about Lucy dancing with Ricky at the Tropicana when she couldn't decide on a name for the baby. And one time, Lucy and Viv pictured with Gary Cooper and Viv has this nice modern outfit compared to Lucy's old rags.

I think Viv always resented her ILL wardrobe and must have kicked up a fuss about always looking inferior to Lucy clothes wise. I cite as examples her big showy ballroom type dress in the show about Lucy dancing with Ricky at the Tropicana when she couldn't decide on a name for the baby. And one time, Lucy and Viv pictured with gary Cooper and Viv has this nice modern outfit compared to Lucy's old rags.

I don't "get" exactly why Viv would honestly resent having to wear her "frumpy" wardrobe as Ethel when that was part of her character. Besides, that only held true the first season or two; by the time they were talking Hollywood (even well before), she was just as nicely attired as Lucy was. lucyshock.JPG

I don't "get" exactly why Viv would honestly resent having to wear her "frumpy" wardrobe as Ethel when that was part of her character. Besides, that only held true the first season or two; by the time they were talking Hollywood (even well before), she was just as nicely attired as Lucy was. lucyshock.JPG

True, by the Lucy show they were equals clotheswise. :viv2::lucy2: And even one upping Lucy by getting a facelift, and therefore going from :viv1: to :viv2:

Archived