Lucy on Comedy Gold

Ok, today's two I Love Lucy episodes were Aunt Martha's salad dressing and the other one was Ricky minds the baby. How the hell did Lucy Ricardo get down those stairs with that supermarket carriage full of salad dressing and skates? And Ricky minding the baby i never liked, others love his rendition of Litle Red Riding Hood in Spanish but i just never cottoned to it.

I admit i hadn't seen some of these in years and it sure is nice to get to see them three times a day, problem is i usually go to them three times if it's one i like and skip it altogether if it's not. They're on at noon, eight pm and Midnight, so they're competing with mid day news, prime time's first hour and smack dab in the middle of most talk shows.

Yesterday's last one was Carlotta Romero. When Lucy is sitting there with Little Ricky after Ricky and Carlotta have been held over for their show, who did we say played the kid again? Some people said that was Beaver Cleaver himself. Yes, he looks like him but i doubt it is him. How about the older version, do we know who was playing him? Oh and Harry, i think we discussed this one time, who was that blondish lady who appeared in most movies and shows but never had any dialogue? I saw her at the Tropicana, very prominently featured dancing and then again sitting at a table. Well, we used to joke about seeing this woman everywhere in those days. I'm pretty sure she was one of the ladies with Mr Mooney who snubbed Dean Martin when they thought he was only his double, she might even have had a line here.

Yesterday's last one was Carlotta Romero. When Lucy is sitting there with Little Ricky after Ricky and Carlotta have been held over for their show, who did we say played the kid again? Some people said that was Beaver Cleaver himself. Yes, he looks like him but i doubt it is him. How about the older version, do we know who was playing him? Oh and Harry, i think we discussed this one time, who was that blondish lady who appeared in most movies and shows but never had any dialogue? I saw her at the Tropicana, very prominently featured dancing and then again sitting at a table. Well, we used to joke about seeing this woman everywhere in those days. I'm pretty sure she was one of the ladies with Mr Mooney who snubbed Dean Martin when they thought he was only his double, she might even have had a line here.

Ok Lucy experts, i'm still a waitinnnnnnnnnnn . . . .

Oh and Harry, i think we discussed this one time, who was that blondish lady who appeared in most movies and shows but never had any dialogue?

That is Bess Flowers, "Queen of the Hollywood Extras." She did sometimes have a line in films, but she was mostly used as just a background player. She was a star in silent films for a brief time, but then ended up appearing in more sound pictures than anyone else ever.

That is Bess Flowers, "Queen of the Hollywood Extras." She did sometimes have a line in films, but she was mostly used as just a background player. She was a star in silent films for a brief time, but then ended up appearing in more sound pictures than anyone else ever.

I`m gonna go google her right now, thanks. She maybe had a line in the Dean Martin one huh, refusing to bother with Dean`s stand in. Even my mom, back in the sixties or seventies commented, WELL, THERE SHE IS AGAIN, that woman was everywhere, LOL! Thanks again.

Sorry, she's a not her birthday too. That's not the one, just googled her. You can find the one i'm looking for in the Dean Martin episode, she's with Mooney and another lady and they're interested in meeting Dean until they find out he's just his stand in. Saw her on i Love Lucy as a Tropicana patron and i'm pretty sure she was in at least one Lucy movie also and hundreds of other shows.

I know exactly who you are talking about, but I don't know her name or anything about her.

Bess Flowers, however, is in many Lucy episodes and she is the actress who is known for being in hundreds and hundreds of movies and TV shows. She retired in 1964. She was the extra who we had a thread on at the old Lounge.

Attached are pictures of the unknown woman in "Lucy Dates Dean Martin" and sitting behind Lucy in "Lucy Loses Her Cool." Also is a picture of Bess Flowers in "No More Double Dates."

DM.png

LC.png

DD.png

THAT'S HER, THANK YOU! She used to be on everything. Any other famous women besides the great Barbara Pepper of course who used to be on the show? Like when they did that show where they hired the old chorus gals and these older ladies appeared and then there was the ladies in the Wednesday afternooon fine arts league and the ones on the Queen of the Gypsies show.

The kid in question is Jerry Mathers' elder brother.

I'm confused (no big deal; a usual event for me); Jerry Mathers' IMDb 'profile' shows a sister, and a 5-year YOUNGER brother, Jimmy (5/5/55), also an actor, with no mention of connection to Lucille in his 'profile' - what episode was that again? Perhaps further research is warranted; since, I would want to include him in the chronology....thanks for your reply....JK

I'm confused (no big deal; a usual event for me); Jerry Mathers' IMDb 'profile' shows a sister, and a 5-year YOUNGER brother, Jimmy (5/5/55), also an actor, with no mention of connection to Lucille in his 'profile' - what episode was that again? Perhaps further research is warranted; since, I would want to include him in the chronology....thanks for your reply....JK

Ricky's Old Girlfriend. I was just on IMDb and according to it Jerry Mathers was Dream Little Ricky.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0609329/fullcredits/cast

But something weird is that he was born 1948 which would make him 5 when filmed. That kid doesn't look that old. Also Jimmy Mathers was born 1955 so can't be him! Haha.

Ricky's Old Girlfriend. I was just on IMDb and according to it Jerry Mathers was Dream Little Ricky.

http://m.imdb.com/ti...ullcredits/cast

But something weird is that he was born 1948 which would make him 5 when filmed. That kid doesn't look that old. Also Jimmy Mathers was born 1955 so can't be him! Haha.

Oh my, so according to them it was indeed The Beaver huh?

Man, this LUCY winning BEST COMEDY TV SHOW EVER seems to have gotten her a resurgence around here. Just found this new TV Station, JOY TV and it shows ILL every day at 6:30PM. So, no more Big Bang reruns for me at that time of day any more. They also have The Nanny so i can finally see that series too and her constant Lucy references.

Today it was Lucy is Envious, love that one, also known as Ladies from Mars. Lucy writes a Novel was next, i missed the last half so i`ll catch it later tonight, when i left, Lucy saw her manuscript burning in the fireplace but she was gathering her OTHER COPY from under chairs and behind pictures, LOL!

Tonight, it's Mertz and Kurtz, which i have learned to love with repeated viewings as the music in it is so great as is Lucy being a maid to Fred and Ethel. Now the second ep is Lucy cries wolf, another great one, Lucy coming back in after hearing them talking about her is priceless, the anger in her face is so real. I think season three is a lot better than i remembered, having watched only the classics and the Hollywood and Europe ones in the past few years.

Archived