Who says Lucy has no sense of humor?

Neil

Lucy is often painted as someone who has little or no sense of humor. And she agrees "I don't think funny" she always said.

She's not a stand-up comedienne so she's not on and doesn't have 'jokes', but she's got a dry wit which she has displayed in interviews and on talk shows.

Example:

I watched her 1974 Dick Cavatt solo guest spot. This had been a grueling day promoting Mame. She had done the Today show live. Assume Dick Cavatt wasn't live but was done earlier in the evening, but it still had been a very long day. She was obviously tired and is soft-spoken and low key.

Dick is asking her if there is is some sort of remembrance of her in Jamestown:

Dick: Is there a plaque?

Lucy: No, there's a plot.

I know someone else can come up with more examples.

Lucy is often painted as someone who has little or no sense of humor. And she agrees "I don't think funny" she always said.

She's not a stand-up comedienne so she's not on and doesn't have 'jokes', but she's got a dry wit which she has displayed in interviews and on talk shows.

Example:

I watched her 1974 Dick Cavatt solo guest spot. This had been a grueling day promoting Mame. She had done the Today show live. Assume Dick Cavatt wasn't live but was done earlier in the evening, but it still had been a very long day. She was obviously tired and is soft-spoken and low key.

Dick is asking her if there is is some sort of remembrance of her in Jamestown:

Dick: Is there a plaque?

Lucy: No, there's a plot.

I know someone else can come up with more examples.

LOL! In one of the clips of Body Language with Lucy and Richard Simmons, he gets to the little table to get the clues from her and spontaneously starts banging like a on a drum. She sees him and says DON'T BRING UP THE PAST!

Archived