Bob Hope house in Toluca Lake to be sold around next year

C L A U D E

Apparently, they're having a garage sale at Bob and Dolores Hope's mansion in Toluca Lake. So far, they're just making room by emptying the garage of Christmas decorations. Seems they are being put up one last time right about now, mostly for the neighbors as Bob and Dolores left us years ago, both over a hundred years old. Bob's daughter Linda says the house will then be put up for sale next year. The house sits on three lots totalling approximately five acres. The lot with the house on it is valued at a few million, nobody knows what all three lots will bring. If you recall Lucy joked about this home a few times . . . when celebrating Bob at the Kennedy Center, Lucy joked that the opera house was similar to the Hope living room, smaller but similar. And this is the home they were joking about on that Merv show for Lucy and Mame, the one that burned down but they weren't in GOOD HANDS with Allstate, they just got the one finger. There was an auction of Hope memorabilia back in 2008. What's left will be going to an auction house very soon.

The story been on the cover of the tabloids for weeks. Supposedly, one of the four Hope kids didn't want to sell.

YOU read the tabloids????? I haven't read one of those rags in years. I found the story on a gay website linking me to another site linking me to another site, i forget which one had the story.

I do not read the tabloids, but I see the headlines as I pass a newsstand.

Yeah sure, that's what they all say, LOL! I at least saw a pic of the whole layout of his house there and the surrounding property and another big house in there, i'd like to check it out on Google Maps via satellite but still can't locate where the hell it is. I know it's in the Valley but that's quite a big place.

Yeah sure, that's what they all say, LOL! I at least saw a pic of the whole layout of his house there and the surrounding property and another big house in there, i'd like to check it out on Google Maps via satellite but still can't locate where the hell it is. I know it's in the Valley but that's quite a big place.

3894075545_a7c4d57dea.jpg

Toluca Lake is situated in the southeastern San Fernando Valley straddling the city of Burbank, the Los Angeles district of North Hollywood, and near the unincorporated county area of Universal City, at the northern base of the Hollywood Hills section of theSanta Monica Mountains.

The area’s historic boundaries were Cahuenga Boulevard, Camarillo Street, Clybourn Avenue, and theLos Angeles River,[2][3] but have been widened to Vineland between the 170 freeway and the Los Angeles River [4] and it is located between two major film and television production studios, Universal Studios to the south and Warner Bros. to the east. The Santa Monica Mountains surround the area.

The geologic Toluca Lake is a 6-acre (2.4 ha) body of water located near the district’s southeastern boundaries. The historic natural lake was fed by springs of upwelling groundwaterfrom the substantial Los Angeles River and San Fernando Valley subterranean aquifers. Late 19th and 20th century L. A. DWP well extraction and 1930s concrete river channelization lowered the water table, and currently community wells at the lake’s edges maintain the water level.[2][5] The bottom of the lake is surfaced with four inches (102 mm) of asphalt concrete to prevent seepage.[2] Owned by the surrounding homeowners, the lake has been maintained by the Toluca Lake Property Owners Association, a non-profit corporation established in 1934.[2] The lake, surrounded by private residences and the Lakeside Golf Club, is inaccessible to the public.

(continues -- click on link for entire article, additional info, etc.) :D

http://www.ask.com/wiki/Toluca_Lake,_Los_Angeles

3894075545_a7c4d57dea.jpg

Toluca Lake is situated in the southeastern San Fernando Valley straddling the city of Burbank, the Los Angeles district of North Hollywood, and near the unincorporated county area of Universal City, at the northern base of the Hollywood Hills section of theSanta Monica Mountains.

The area’s historic boundaries were Cahuenga Boulevard, Camarillo Street, Clybourn Avenue, and theLos Angeles River,[2][3] but have been widened to Vineland between the 170 freeway and the Los Angeles River [4] and it is located between two major film and television production studios, Universal Studios to the south and Warner Bros. to the east. The Santa Monica Mountains surround the area.

The geologic Toluca Lake is a 6-acre (2.4 ha) body of water located near the district’s southeastern boundaries. The historic natural lake was fed by springs of upwelling groundwaterfrom the substantial Los Angeles River and San Fernando Valley subterranean aquifers. Late 19th and 20th century L. A. DWP well extraction and 1930s concrete river channelization lowered the water table, and currently community wells at the lake’s edges maintain the water level.[2][5] The bottom of the lake is surfaced with four inches (102 mm) of asphalt concrete to prevent seepage.[2] Owned by the surrounding homeowners, the lake has been maintained by the Toluca Lake Property Owners Association, a non-profit corporation established in 1934.[2] The lake, surrounded by private residences and the Lakeside Golf Club, is inaccessible to the public.

(continues -- click on link for entire article, additional info, etc.) :D

http://www.ask.com/w...ke,_Los_Angeles

That's not much of a description, couldn't you have gotten a bit more specific? LOL! Border includes Cahuenga blvd huh? Lucy had a studio Desilu Cahuenga at one time.

I didn't even know the house was still full and not sold. Lol.

With Hope's money, he had real estate in Holywood back when it was a steal, they didn't HAVE TO sell the house, he left them enough money to keep them in the comfort to which they were accustomed for the rest of their grandchildren's lives.

Archived