Charles Durning dies at 89

Brock

First poor Jack and now Charles Durning. :( I wonder who the third is going to be. :unsure:

From the Washington Post:

LOS ANGELES — Charles Durning grew up in poverty, lost five of his nine siblings to disease, barely lived through D-Day and was taken prisoner at the Battle of the Bulge.

His hard life and wartime trauma provided the basis for a prolific 50-year career as a consummate Oscar-nominated character actor, playing everyone from a Nazi colonel to the pope to Dustin Hoffman’s would-be suitor in “Tootsie.”

ARTICLE: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/charles-durning-oscar-nominated-king-of-the-character-actors-has-died-at-89-in-ny/2012/12/25/6ed89de0-4e67-11e2-835b-02f92c0daa43_story.html

First poor Jack and now Charles Durning. :( I wonder who the third is going to be. :unsure:

From the Washington Post:

ARTICLE: http://www.washingto...aa43_story.html

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww, always LOVED this great actor. From his many tv and movie roles all the way to his last major one as the pries to the Barone family on Everybody Loves Raymond! They just don't make them like him anymore!

Loved him in "Starting Over" as Burt Reynolds' brother.

I'd forgotten what a great movie Starting Over was....Candace Bergen,Jill Clayburgh and Frances Sternhagen and Charles's wife.

It seemed there for a while Charles Durning was in everything...always a welcome presence that classed things up.

I did not see "Best Little Whorehouse". The movie go so-so reviews but everyone praised Charles's big solo.

I'd forgotten what a great movie Starting Over was....Candace Bergen,Jill Clayburgh and Frances Sternhagen and Charles's wife.

It seemed there for a while Charles Durning was in everything...always a welcome presence that classed things up.

I did not see "Best Little Whorehouse". The movie go so-so reviews but everyone praised Charles's big solo.

"Sidestep" was one of the highlights of the so-so film! :D Definitely worth a rent! ;)

Wished that he had appeared in a few things that concerned Lucille; he'd have had mention in the chronology; audience appearances don't count with me for entry unless he had appeared in something Lucille-related; Desilu-related, or earlier films with either Bill of Vivian; or appearances with the Arnaz offspring. I always liked him; and I believe he grew up in my neck of the woods: Buffalo area, did I read?

Archived