ILL Season 1 &The E. 68th St. Charm Extended

Is it me, or does any one else notice this:

Some charming, characteristics of the show seen in season 1 of I Love Lucy kinda left.

One in particular is Lucy doing her hair in the mirror before or after her day.

She looks so pretty with her round mirror in front of her. I would have loved to see it stretched out through out the show a little longer.

I loved seeing the neighbors, and the young fan of Ricky, and Lucys young admirer-Mrs Sanders even! lol I wish they would have gave the community of 68th St. a little more camera time after season 1 and 2. I loved Hansons dress shop! :) and the entire NY scene

just a random "have you noticed"

Little-mentioned fact: Hanson's Dress Shop was yet ANOTHER Jamestown mention ;

We had MARY HANSON, but I believe she was Draperies; maiden sister of my English teacher, Calvin, 10th grade. They were both 'maiden', if you get my drift; as was L. Pauline.....just thought I'd 'throw that in there'....

We had MARY HANSON, but I believe she was Draperies; maiden sister of my English teacher, Calvin, 10th grade. They were both 'maiden', if you get my drift; as was L. Pauline.....just thought I'd 'throw that in there'....

LOVE your "tidbidts", Joyce! It certainly is interesting information and always cool to hear from people "in the know"! Thanks. :D

OMG I LOVE THESE LITTLE KNOWN FACTS!!!, who would have known.

I agree with you LaMarr! Season 1 is my all time favorite Lucy season. I know many disagree with that but how couldn't I? It's NYC premise did change after Little Ricky was born I feel like. It didn't get worse clearly but mostly confined in the building. Also Lucy and Ricky are most romantic in season 1. I'm a sucker for that stuff!

Also one of my favorite scenes in ILL is when Lucy and Ricky are looking into the camera as a mirror looking at her 'crows feet' and his receeding hairline. Not only does Lucy looks gorgeous, Lucy and Ricky are cute as can be, and some great comedy lines that actually happened between Lucy and Desi.

Archived