All That's "I Luv Lucy"

Anyone remember the Nickelodeon sketch show "All That" doing a few Lucy parodies back in the 90's? Amanda Bynes was Lucy, Lori Beth Denberg was Ethel and Keenan Thompson was Fred. Can't remember who played Ricky, don't think he was a regular cast member. I remember thinking how neat it was that a kid's show parodied Lucy, considering that only a few friends my age knew about the show.

I remember 2 sketches, not sure if there were more. One was a take off on one of the pre-Hollywood shows, with Lucy and Ethel smashing a movie producer over the head with a vase because they think he's a burglar. The other one had Kel Mitchell doing his fall-from-the-sky handyman routine and totally demolishing the Ricardo's apartment.

Ah, good times...

Anyone remember the Nickelodeon sketch show "All That" doing a few Lucy parodies back in the 90's? Amanda Bynes was Lucy, Lori Beth Denberg was Ethel and Keenan Thompson was Fred. Can't remember who played Ricky, don't think he was a regular cast member. I remember thinking how neat it was that a kid's show parodied Lucy, considering that only a few friends my age knew about the show.

I remember 2 sketches, not sure if there were more. One was a take off on one of the pre-Hollywood shows, with Lucy and Ethel smashing a movie producer over the head with a vase because they think he's a burglar. The other one had Kel Mitchell doing his fall-from-the-sky handyman routine and totally demolishing the Ricardo's apartment.

Ah, good times...

Hon, I could be mistaken but I think most of us were a little too in the tooth to have been watching Nickelodeon (we were around when some Lucy episodes were new ) but very interesting to hear there were Lucy spoofs on that show. And where have you been - just this AM I looked up your profile because it seemed forever since you had last posted. Never mind, I forgot you young people with your rock n'roll 8 track tapes (to quote Carol Channing in THE FAMILY GUY) have lives!!! :lucythrill:

I remember that show as well. I think I was about 13 when it first aired, and I barely recall that particular episode. They say today Amanda Bynes is the new millenium's Lucille Ball. Sorry, don't see it. She's a good actress but she's a lot like Lohan, getting into trouble and acting crazy.

Amanda got the "young Lucille Ball" thing about 10 years ago. She even has a passage in the 50th Anniversary ILL book. With all her Lohanesque stunts now she is just another sad case of a young person with so much potential who is pissing it away. I thought she was pretty good in Hairspray.

Amanda got the "young Lucille Ball" thing about 10 years ago. She even has a passage in the 50th Anniversary ILL book. With all her Lohanesque stunts now she is just another sad case of a young person with so much potential who is pissing it away. I thought she was pretty good in Hairspray.

Yeah, me too, never seen the show but knew of her love for Lucy.

Wow, now I know who she is, yes she was very good in Hairspray, maybe the best of the young cast. I had no idea she had any Lohanesque issues, haven't bought a tabloid or People in so long and never with any frequency in well over a decade so I can't tell most of today's "stars" from the reality show people.

Wow, now I know who she is, yes she was very good in Hairspray, maybe the best of the young cast. I had no idea she had any Lohanesque issues, haven't bought a tabloid or People in so long and never with any frequency in well over a decade so I can't tell most of today's "stars" from the reality show people.

I think she had that drinking while driving thing a while ago.

Hon, I could be mistaken but I think most of us were a little too in the tooth to have been watching Nickelodeon (we were around when some Lucy episodes were new ) but very interesting to hear there were Lucy spoofs on that show. And where have you been - just this AM I looked up your profile because it seemed forever since you had last posted. Never mind, I forgot you young people with your rock n'roll 8 track tapes (to quote Carol Channing in THE FAMILY GUY) have lives!!! :lucythrill:

LOL! Well, hence why I asked if anyone did. I know there are some members from my generation so I thought it might stir a few memories.

And re: lack of posting, I had internet issues for a while but they've been partially resolved, so at leats I can get on once in a while.

i remember this show too because Kenan Thompson was on it. He's now on SNL. ;)

i remember this show too because Kenan Thompson was on it. He's now on SNL. ;)

Yeah, he was the only cast member to go on to do SNL. I think his frequent collaborator Kel Mitchell auditioned the same year but didn't get picked. Ouch!

Hey, if you're 11 or 12 when you first saw this (like I was) you would've thought it was the bomb. lol

Oh i understand that, always aim for your target audience, nothing wrong with that. BUT, i had heard so much about her, i thought she'd have some semblance of talent, all i saw there was ME when i used to do sketches as a kid with my friends.

Archived