Singer PATTI PAGE dead at 85

C L A U D E

Wonderful singer Patti Page, who sang like an angel and sold at least 100 million records in her lifetine has passed away at the age of 85.

Oh I hate to hear this, I just love her singing, probably one of the three or four best female vocalists ever and certainly one of the biggest selling and hands down the biggest "girl singer" of the ILL era. She was so beautiful and elegant and apparently was all over tv herself in the 1950's, there are several dvds songs clips from her old shows and I think I have them all. I must have two dozen of her albums I've picked up here and there over the last 20 years, She could sing everything from jazz to country. My favorite of her songs is probably "Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte" but who could forget "Tennessee Waltz" or "Old Cape Cod". haven't seen her in the last few years but I know she was still singing great not all that long ago, kind of the female answer to Tony Bennett, still out and wowing the public. Rest in peace, Patti Page.

Oh I hate to hear this, I just love her singing, probably one of the three or four best female vocalists ever and certainly one of the biggest selling and hands down the biggest "girl singer" of the ILL era. She was so beautiful and elegant and apparently was all over tv herself in the 1950's, there are several dvds songs clips from her old shows and I think I have them all. I must have two dozen of her albums I've picked up here and there over the last 20 years, She could sing everything from jazz to country. My favorite of her songs is probably "Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte" but who could forget "Tennessee Waltz" or "Old Cape Cod". haven't seen her in the last few years but I know she was still singing great not all that long ago, kind of the female answer to Tony Bennett, still out and wowing the public. Rest in peace, Patti Page.

Wonderful post kiddo, you really stated everything well. Gifted singer, beautiful woman, talented beyond belief. I think you mentionned my three all time faves of hers, she had so many though. You know, like Streisand, when she sang, it was all effortless, incredibly soothing sounds, she didn't bust a kidney reaching high notes like some singers today. Yes, she was BIG on tv, in records, talk shows, variety shows, concerts, she did it all.

Heard this sad news yesterday. RIP. :( (and I'm also an arfer! :lucythrill:)

Again, i repeat, she was so soothing to the ear. Beautiful voice, calming, it was so effortless for her. When i was a teen, her records played all the time on the radio. And we saw her all the time on tv too. To be honest i didn`t even know she was still alive, but i`m glad she got to perform to the end. I have a dvd of her best numbers that i play all the time, when i want to hear decent songs performed by a pro, the way all records used to be, IN THE OLD DAYS.

Archived