This is it...

Brock

This is it...

thisisit-01.jpg

60 years ago today, people were out either buying their first television sets, preparing a smorgasbord for all the neighbours coming over to watch theirs or reserving a prime place outside the local appliance store to see what could arguably be television’s first event.

thisisit-02.jpg

Come 9:00 p.m...

thisisit-03.jpg

thisisit-04.jpg

HAPPY 60th BIRTHDAY, LITTLE RICKY!

Also Ran:

eisenhower.jpg

Is this still the most watched sitcom episode? Or have more surpassed it? I love the one of baby Ricky in the hat. (Lucy's Last Birthday) Also what is the current banner from? Personally when Desi had aged due to alcohol he looked better with the gray hair than the fake colored hair. Had to be around 1971/1972?

This is it...

thisisit-01.jpg

60 years ago today, people were out either buying their first television sets, preparing a smorgasbord for all the neighbours coming over to watch theirs or reserving a prime place outside the local appliance store to see what could arguably be television’s first event.

thisisit-02.jpg

Come 9:00 p.m...

thisisit-03.jpg

thisisit-04.jpg

HAPPY 60th BIRTHDAY, LITTLE RICKY!

Also Ran:

eisenhower.jpg

Great work on this thread by the way, beautifully done.

I think the M*A*S*H series finale broke the records as most-watched single series episode ever but that's by memory so don't quote me! ;)

Yes, over 110 million people or something like that, that's the thing, Lucy's record could not stand as the population was much smaller back then and the number of tv sets and tv viewers increased so much in the following decades that the record just had to be broken.

Archived