The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis Coming To DVD

LucyImHome

Word has gotten out that Shout! Factory has acquired the rights to The Many Loves Of Dobie Gillis and is going to release the Complete Series in 2013! Shout! has also acquired the ABC late-night early 1980's Saturday Night Live clone, Fridays!

I watched both shows, but the only thing i remember about Dobie was the character Maynard G Krebbs played by Gilligan himself, Bob Denver. As for Fridays, i found it consistently funnier and edgier than SNL and loved it, must be a lot of years of product for that series.

You little beauty! I already have the entire series on bootleg discs but will gladly buy this 'Complete Series' set -- I'm glad the Schulman estate have got themselves organized as it was biter family squabbling that kept the series out of circulation since Max died in 1988 --

I do hope the boxset includes the '80s reunion movie, but am truly sorry that Bob Denver and only very recently Steve Franken didn't live to see it come out. Glad to know that both Mr. Hickman and Sheila James are still with us and hope they'll have a large part of the compilation of this set.

You little beauty! I already have the entire series on bootleg discs but will gladly buy this 'Complete Series' set -- I'm glad the Schulman estate have got themselves organized as it was biter family squabbling that kept the series out of circulation since Max died in 1988 --

I do hope the boxset includes the '80s reunion movie, but am truly sorry that Bob Denver and only very recently Steve Franken didn't live to see it come out. Glad to know that both Mr. Hickman and Sheila James are still with us and hope they'll have a large part of the compilation of this set.

Oh yeah, Sheila, she was the Ms Hathaway of the series, right? A spaced out beatnick one though huh?

Nick-at-Nite played this one years ago and since then has been out of syndication (outside of ME-TV). I was too young at the time to get into show (and it came on passed my bedtime) but I did catch an episode on TV Land in 2005 during the 20th anniversary Nick-at-Nite marathon and enjoyed it a lot. And I have seen another episode since then on YouTube and got kind of bored with it. But I am happy though it is coming out on DVD. It gives people an opportunity to see the show at their convenience. I may pick this one up latter down the road as I want to sample it some more.

Archived