Steve Sanders has died

Neil

I got word that Coyne Steven Sanders, the co-author of "Desilu" (along with Tom Gilbert), has died from a heart condition he has been battling for a few years. Only 56 years old.

In addition to Desilu, he wrote one of the best historic television books ever, about the making of The Judy Garland Show.

I don't know how many times I've read it. I pick it up to find a reference and end of reading it all over again.

I was in shock when I got an email yesterday telling me he passed away in his sleep. I met Steve two years ago at a Judy convention/meeting in NY. He was a delightful man and every funny too. So glad that I got to spend sometime with him. I have kept in touch with him thru Facebook and a friend of mine who lives in Chicago knew him well. I had heard he hadn't been feeling well lately but this was a surprise. Steve did so much for the Garland and the Ball legend. I told him I loved Desilu, which I did, it's a book you can easily re-read. May he rest in Peace.

I was in shock when I got an email yesterday telling me he passed away in his sleep. I met Steve two years ago at a Judy convention/meeting in NY. He was a delightful man and every funny too. So glad that I got to spend sometime with him. I have kept in touch with him thru Facebook and a friend of mine who lives in Chicago knew him well. I had heard he hadn't been feeling well lately but this was a surprise. Steve did so much for the Garland and the Ball legend. I told him I loved Desilu, which I did, it's a book you can easily re-read. May he rest in Peace.

So, what did he pass away from anyway?

Archived