Happy MARY JANE Day!!!

I totally love the wonderful banner in tribute to the vastly underrated Mary Jane Croft. It was irritated me how she got so little notice in the media for her work with Lucy, no she wasn't Viv but then nobody else could be but she was a terrific light foil for Lucy. Even most of the Lucy biographers including the picture book variety pretty much ignored Mary Jane. One of the nicest things about finding this group was finding out how many fans admire and appreciate all of the Lucy players, whether they're Emmy winners or perennial bit players.

I totally love the wonderful banner in tribute to the vastly underrated Mary Jane Croft. It was irritated me how she got so little notice in the media for her work with Lucy, no she wasn't Viv but then nobody else could be but she was a terrific light foil for Lucy. Even most of the Lucy biographers including the picture book variety pretty much ignored Mary Jane. One of the nicest things about finding this group was finding out how many fans admire and appreciate all of the Lucy players, whether they're Emmy winners or perennial bit players.

Well said!

Glad you all like the banner.

Mary Jane is truly underrated. I am in awe of how she used her voice to create so many distinct characters -- even one-off characters like Cynthia Harcourt and Evelyn Bigsby. No one could say that Betty Ramsay was the same as Audrey Simmons or Mary Jane Lewis.

Mary Jane is truly underrated. I am in awe of how she used her voice to create so many distinct characters -- even one-off characters like Cynthia Harcourt and Evelyn Bigsby. No one could say that Betty Ramsay was the same as Audrey Simmons or Mary Jane Lewis.

Exactly what i thought, if you asked a stranger not familiar with her like we are and asked to compare Cynthia Harcourt to Mary Jane Lewis, they would think they were two different actresses.

One more! -- Midge Bowser, her character in Lucy Calls The President, and were there 2 Mary Jane Lewis's? I think MJL on Here's Lucy, was much more ditzy!

Love your Mary Jane's Boyfriend signature. One of the all-time funniest HLs.

Thank you and that's quite a compliment coming from you, sir who provides us "(ir)regulars" with such WUNDAFUL banners, non stop!

I realize you must have more "sophisticated" equipment than I do (i.e. a Mac or PhotoShop perhaps?) but without your innate talent and love of your subject, they still wouldn't be as marvelous as they are!! So thanks for the opportunity to thank YOU for all you do here and for keeping this little engine running! I for one truly appreciate it! :D

Also, I should say I'm having fun doing these and hope I don't run out of "inspiration" for some time (doubtful, given the wealth of resources! ;) ) but I also must cop to the fact that I "lifted" ("stole" is such a dirty word!) the idea from another fan site in which a regular poster would not only feature a screencap from that week's "40 Years Ago" episode, he would also recap it and include his "review" -- including a 1 - 4 star rating -- of said episode. The show I'm referring to is Bewitched and this guy did so well with these weekly reviews that he managed to turn them into a book! Pretty cool, huh? I don't have it yet but look forward to reading it.

For anyone who may be interested, you can check it out here:

http://www.amazon.com/Omni-Directional-Three-Dimensional-Vectoring-Bewitched-Analysis/dp/1593936915/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1361043010&sr=1-1&keywords=bewitched+history+book

Archived