OMG... I just noticed!

I have been watching these shows .. since.. AIR.. and I just noticed someting... uhh.. in the original Ricardo apartment.. they have a step UP and into the kitchen.. and when they SWISH apartments with the BENSON'S.. there is no step leading into the kitchen... HOLY CRAP,... how the heck did I ever miss that!!!

If you guys just noticed someting.. and want to share it.. this is now the place to do so (unless we already have a thread on that and I didn't notice it either!)

With the restored prints, DVD and huge TV I am noticing tons of stuff on all 3 series. On LS and HL they are so clear you can see people sweating under the lights.

Yeah, I've noticed the sweating too. Poor Gale must've melted under those hot lights. There was one scene where you could literally see the sweat bead running all the way down from his forehead.

Im noticing a lot of the work on the walls, and the nick nacks too, thanks to Hulus extra crisp versions of the show.

Like the little milk handle type thing that has two twisted spouts in the kitchen by the stove? lol whats that all about? lol

It's called 1950's designs!

I was watching Lucy Learns to Drive the other night and heard something I never caught before. When Lucy is trying to get Fred out of his stupor she asks him if he wants a big slice of apple pie with a piece of cheese on top. WTF? Who eats their pie like this? Is this some regional thing I am unaware of? Is this something people in the 50’s frequently did?

Also caught in Ricky’s Screen Test you can see the kitchen set off to the left behind the screen test set. Caught some cabinets and the end of the counter in a few shots.

I was watching Lucy Learns to Drive the other night and heard something I never caught before. When Lucy is trying to get Fred out of his stupor she asks him if he wants a big slice of apple pie with a piece of cheese on top. WTF? Who eats their pie like this? Is this some regional thing I am unaware of? Is this something people in the 50’s frequently did?

Also caught in Ricky’s Screen Test you can see the kitchen set off to the left behind the screen test set. Caught some cabinets and the end of the counter in a few shots.

Lots of people eat cheese with their apple pie. At least they do around here.

Ok found some google research on this. It’s apparently a thing in the New England area so that’s how it apparently arrived in Canada too (unless you guys shipped it our way). So as Lucy was so New England I could see how she would eat pie like this. Internet people say it’s good with Vermont Sharp Cheddar Cheese. I live in PA Dutch area so we do all kinds of crazy stuff to food here. My favorite is apple butter in cottage cheese, if you know what apple butter is.

My favorite is apple butter in cottage cheese, if you know what apple butter is.

Absolutely! I whipped up a great sandwich last week -- sliced roast chicken from the night before with a bit of the walnut-cranberry stuffing and apple butter on one of the slices of bread to hold everything together.

Archived