The Lucy Show

I did this video as an introduction to a 90 minute DVD "best of The Lucy Show". It was the first video I ever uploaded to youtube six years ago before any of the DVDs were released. I decided to re-do it with better quality video available and ended up just using the soundtrack. I did STEAL the pounding on the TV set beginning-idea from those clever guys who put the 1st season together.

What episode is it where she goes Mr. BARNSDAHL, and "OH NO YOU DON'T?"

"Mr. Barnsdahl" is from "Loses $2000", the scene in the bank where she withdraws the $20 in her Christmas Club. For those of you too young to know what banks were originally supposed to be for (putting your money into a passbook account to earn a little interest), a "Christmas Club" was something people put money into monthly so they would have a bundle to spend in December. In these days of credit, credit, credit, that and "lay-away" have become relics of the past.

I'm not sure where Viv's "Oh no, you don't" came from. I did the audio track years ago. BUT I think it's from "Opens a Restaurant" when Lucy is trying to convince Viv to put in her nest egg money just until their VA loan comes through---which it doesn't because they missed the eligibility rate by two weeks.

I did this video as an introduction to a 90 minute DVD "best of The Lucy Show". It was the first video I ever uploaded to youtube six years ago before any of the DVDs were released. I decided to re-do it with better quality video available and ended up just using the soundtrack. I did STEAL the pounding on the TV set beginning-idea from those clever guys who put the 1st season together.

Well, just got my first THREE views, BRILLIANT like everything else you've ever done or said about Lucy and her work.

Neil: thanks for doing this; I appreciate it. Loving you, JK

He always does, he's to Lucy comments or videos what Lamaar is to Lucy drawings, they're both very gifted.

Thanks for the compliments. I do these just for fun. But assuming Lamaar wears a burnoose, I'm not fit to touch the hem of it.

Will be linking another video under Barbara Pepper soon.

Thanks for the compliments. I do these just for fun. But assuming Lamaar wears a burnoose, I'm not fit to touch the hem of it.

Will be linking another video under Barbara Pepper soon.

Lam is to Lucy pics what you are to WORDS about anything Lucy. Why haven`t you ever written a book.

Maybe that should be Neil's next video.

He'll have a tough time topping himself. Lucy in London was a real favorite of mine. Speaking of that one, maybe he could do some Lucy SCARES in there too, she did a lot of those also. And not to mention Lucy drunk scenes, LOL!

Look for the next video soon: "Lucy Visits Constance Bennett's Hometown"...

a little idea that sort of snowballed. It's so silly I'm almost embarrassed to post it.

He'll have a tough time topping himself. Lucy in London was a real favorite of mine. Speaking of that one, maybe he could do some Lucy SCARES in there too, she did a lot of those also. And not to mention Lucy drunk scenes, LOL!

Look for the next video soon: "Lucy Visits Constance Bennett's Hometown"...

a little idea that sort of snowballed. It's so silly I'm almost embarrassed to post it.

Where'd the idea come from for THAT? I read in Hollywood Babylon, which I had read elsewhere that Lucy resented modeling for Connie and her sister when she was just a model, they were such snooty beeatches. Didn't one of the sisters, either Joan or Constance get involved in something shady, her boyfriend or husband killed somebody and she was ruined in the business.

Where'd the idea come from for THAT? I read in Hollywood Babylon, which I had read elsewhere that Lucy resented modeling for Connie and her sister when she was just a model, they were such snooty beeatches. Didn't one of the sisters, either Joan or Constance get involved in something shady, her boyfriend or husband killed somebody and she was ruined in the business.

Joan Bennett's husband, producer Walter Wanger, shot her agent because he suspected they were having an affair. The agent lived, Wanger went to prison for a short time and made a successful comeback, and Joan's career went south for several years.

Joan Bennett's husband, producer Walter Wanger, shot her agent because he suspected they were having an affair. The agent lived, Wanger went to prison for a short time and made a successful comeback, and Joan's career went south for several years.

Well, dontcha love that, he shoots and she suffers. Now Lucy dated one of the husbands of one of the sisters too, Lucy met her again afterwards and the actress said she was welcome to him, which one was it?

Archived