Me-TV June 2013: The Lucy Show Joins, I Love Lucy Leaves

http://metvnetwork.c...p?date=06/03/13

WEEKDAYS

6:00am The Lucy Show (replaces The Beverly Hillbillies)

8:00am Daniel Boone (replaces That Girl/I Love Lucy)

SUNDAYS

1:00 PM Bewitched (replaces I Love Lucy)

1:30 PM I Dream of Jeannie (replaces I Love Lucy)

2:00 PM The Mothers-In-Law (replaces I Love Lucy)

2:30 PM That Girl (replaces I Love Lucy)

Me-TV's "Summer of Me" (2013)

http://metvnetwork.com/summer2013.php

I spoke too soon, apparently, ILL will taking a break on ME-TV. This was posted on thier web site:

To make space for the new shows launching on our schedule next month, some long-running and popular series need to take a summer vacation to rest a bit before they return to the Me-TV line-up. So we say goodbye to Lucy, Bob and Rod Serling as

‘I Love Lucy,’ ‘The Bob Newhart Show’ and ‘The Twilight Zone’ depart from our program schedule on June 3 after an almost continuous run on the network since

Me-TV launched in 2010.

The memorable entertainment continues with another Lucille Ball series, ‘The Lucy Show,’ weekday mornings; ‘Night Gallery’ picks up at the same time where ‘The Twilight Zone’ leaves off. For Bob Newhart, it’s time for him to take a shrink sabbatical after treating Me-TV viewers to a healthy dose of laughs for so long.

http://metvnetwork.c...p?date=06/03/13

WEEKDAYS

6:00am The Lucy Show (replaces The Beverly Hillbillies)

8:00am Daniel Boone (replaces That Girl/I Love Lucy)

SUNDAYS

1:00 PM Bewitched (replaces I Love Lucy)

1:30 PM I Dream of Jeannie (replaces I Love Lucy)

2:00 PM The Mothers-In-Law (replaces I Love Lucy)

2:30 PM That Girl (replaces I Love Lucy)

Me-TV's "Summer of Me" (2013)

http://metvnetwork.com/summer2013.php

I am looking forward in seeing "The Mothers-In Law"!!! Bob and Madelyn's writing and Desi Arnaz and Desi Jr. guest starring on it. This show is very Lucille Ball related even if Lucy isn't on it. I am happy that they will be continuing to be showing "The Lucy Show" and hopefully in the future "Here's Lucy". I won't miss "I Love Lucy" since it is on Hallmark each morning.

I am looking forward in seeing "The Mothers-In Law"!!! Bob and Madelyn's writing and Desi Arnaz and Desi Jr. guest starring on it. This show is very Lucille Ball related even if Lucy isn't on it. I am happy that they will be continuing to be showing "The Lucy Show" and hopefully in the future "Here's Lucy". I won't miss "I Love Lucy" since it is on Hallmark each morning.

Woot! The Mothers-In-Law is back! I get to finally watch em all! I'm too lazy and cheap to get the actual series. Haha.

I do hope the Lucy Show stays on longer than the Summer run. I know there are some shows taking a summer break - ILL is one of them, so they will be bcak in the fall. Does that mean TLS will be gone in the fall? Hope not

I think it would be cool if ME-TV decided to air I Love Lucy and The Lucy Show back-to-back daily. A national network has yet to do that. I don't see how this should pose as problem since shows that share the same actors (Mary Tyler Moore Show and Dick Van Dyke Show, Gidget and Flying Nun, Little House on the Prairie and Highway To Heaven, ect.) or have a similar premise (Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie, The Munsters and The Addams Family, various Norman Lear sitcoms, ect.) have aired back-to-back before. Why should Lucy programs be treated any different?

I think it would be cool if ME-TV decided to air I Love Lucy and The Lucy Show back-to-back daily. A national network has yet to do that. I don't see how this should pose as problem since shows that share the same actors (Mary Tyler Moore Show and Dick Van Dyke Show, Gidget and Flying Nun, Little House on the Prairie and Highway To Heaven, ect.) or have a similar premise (Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie, The Munsters and The Addams Family, various Norman Lear sitcoms, ect.) have aired back-to-back before. Why should Lucy programs be treated any different?

Plus it'd give credence to Bob Hope's old joke, something to the effect, you could flip the TV dial and watch her children grow up! (Sorry kids here who don't know what a TV "dial" was! ;)) :lucyhaha:

Unfortunately they can't do that on ME-TV in the Los Angeles area since ME-TV has no rights to show "I Love Lucy" but instead in its timeslot play "The Lucy Show" instead.

Archived