Lucy, Snow White?

Luvsbway

Does anyone know what ad this is referring to?

The 1937 movie Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is mostly remembered for being both the first animated feature and the birth of Walt Disney as an entertainment powerhouse. Lost in the shuffle was the film’s foreshadowing of Hollywood’s savvy approach to merchandising tie-ins. A coordinated push was timed to the release for a series of Snow-centric goods like hats (modeled by a young Lucille Ball), bath powders, and even a soundtrack.

The 1937 movie Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is mostly remembered for being both the first animated feature and the birth of Walt Disney as an entertainment powerhouse. Lost in the shuffle was the film’s foreshadowing of Hollywood’s savvy approach to merchandising tie-ins. A coordinated push was timed to the release for a series of Snow-centric goods like hats (modeled by a young Lucille Ball), bath powders, and even a soundtrack.

Every time someone thought of Lucy back in her early starlet days, i`m surprised Snow White came to mind, LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

Makes sense given the original issue of SW&7D was by RKO Radio. I've never seen Lucy's name listed among the many stars who attended the film's world premiere but then she was then a very minor name in Hollywood in 1937 so she might not have been mentioned had she been there.

I seem to remember someone posting a magazine layout here once of Lucy in the dwarf hats. It's was probably on the old Lounge and in the no longer existing Hennarincess section. I searched and couldn't find it. For some reason, I remember Ann Miller also being involved in the photo layout, but I may be mixing that up with another early Lucy magazine spread.

• 3 months later...

Archived