Lucy's Homes

Desiluforever

Hi everyone! I wanted to clear my head since I am quite confused about the chronology of Lucy's homes. I understand all about the Desilu Ranch in Chatsworth, but I am really mixed up between her Palm Springs home at Thunderbird and the Beverly Hills home on North Roxbury. Did they own these at the same time? That's what I have always thought- that they lived at the Beverly Hills home with the kids (& Desi for a while), then with Gary, and they had the Palm Springs home on the side. (please correct me if I am wrong). However in the interview with Lucie shown below,(around 15:40) she says they never even lived at the Roxbury home, so now I'm just lost... lol! Can anyone clear this up for me?

The Roxbury Drive has was the family's main residence. The Palm Springs home at Thunderbird was more of a vacation home. When Lucie says the Thunderbird house was the only one her mother owned she means the only house she owned in Palm Springs. A couple years ago there was a house in the area advertised as "The Lucy House" and being rented out to people. It was claimed that Lucy owned this house. She did not and that's what Lucie is referring to.

The Roxbury Drive has was the family's main residence. The Palm Springs home at Thunderbird was more of a vacation home. When Lucie says the Thunderbird house was the only one her mother owned she means the only house she owned in Palm Springs. A couple years ago there was a house in the area advertised as "The Lucy House" and being rented out to people. It was claimed that Lucy owned this house. She did not and that's what Lucie is referring to.

Thank you for clearing that up!

They moved in to the Roxbury mansion back in the mid fifties as they had to leave the ranch for fear of the kids being kidnapped. More security in Beverly Hills. Then, after Desi left when they divorced, Lucy still lived there for another 29 years, until she died.

Archived