The Desilu Story(2003)

desilufan2

I would really really like to see this documentary. Does anyone have any idea where I might be able to find it? Its been a long time since its release and it never came out on dvd(darn it!)

I have a copy, it should come out on dvd as all the other specials from the travel channel and BRAVO and others who have done terrific specials on Lucy and the gang. But if you got the book, you're seen the special, same thing.

I have a copy, it should come out on dvd as all the other specials from the travel channel and BRAVO and others who have done terrific specials on Lucy and the gang. But if you got the book, you're seen the special, same thing.

Ive been told its just like the book Desilu but id still like to see it. I want to hear what some of the Life with Lucy gang have to say about that final show and hear what people like Dixion Dern have to say about the Desilu empire.

Ive been told its just like the book Desilu but id still like to see it. I want to hear what some of the Life with Lucy gang have to say about that final show and hear what people like Dixion Dern have to say about the Desilu empire.

Who, pray tell is Dixion Dern? And is Life with Lucy even discussed as this is mostly just about DESILU.

Who, pray tell is Dixion Dern? And is Life with Lucy even discussed as this is mostly just about DESILU.

I know Life with Lucy is discussed because ive seen clips on Youtube and in the credits people like Larry Anderson are intervewed. Dixion Dern was head of the legal department at Desilu and worked closely with Desi. He left the company with him.

The BRAVO special was terrific also. A and E of course had a slightly different version of the Home Movies as a special one time. I don`t remember much about the Travel Channel one. What was the name of that OTHER special, a documentary on Lucy being seen on the Desilu lot after passing and also on the Queen Mary.

The BRAVO special was terrific also. A and E of course had a slightly different version of the Home Movies as a special one time. I don`t remember much about the Travel Channel one. What was the name of that OTHER special, a documentary on Lucy being seen on the Desilu lot after passing and also on the Queen Mary.

I wasn't fond of the A and E special. Didn't find it all that informative. I haven't heard of any Travel Channel special on Lucy. Does anyone know what thats all about? Is it good?

Claude is the Travel Channel a short segment about Jamestown with Rick. I have so much random cable stuff from the 2000s from either segments on specials or some show that is not on anymore.

The Travel Channel special was called "Lucy: TV's Comedy Queen" and it also aired in 2003. It was nowhere near as good as The Desilu Story. There was a lot of screen time devoted to comedy writer Hal Kanter and he wasn't too complimentary. His daughter was the producer of the special. The show really downplayed Lucy's post-I Love Lucy career, so much so that they claimed that CBS cancelled The Lucy Show. The Travel Channel did do a spotlight on Jamestown a year earlier, but I did not have the channel at the time and I have never seen it.

Archived