The Lucy show MeTV syndication edits

I like watching them on MeTV knowing that I have the uncut episodes, and seeing what is edited out for syndication. Only thing I noticed for "Lucy and Viv are Volunteer Firemen" was part of Lucy and Viv practicing getting dressed, and the one lady pointing out that there's a stove in the kitchen.

I was watching "Boat" today and they cut out snippets of dialogue here and there, like Lucy saying "all you want to do is sit around on the same old land and lubber" followed by Viv's "I think the boat is a crazy scheme." And Viv's "and all I wanted to do was to go to the lake and lie in a hammock" line is cut out, as well as the end of the mast moving scene, and Lucy still out in the bushes. I think a couple lines from when they were on the boat were missing too. Also Lucy waking up the next morning. Also they dub lines over before the scene changes--like when Lucy finally gets the meatballs on the icepick or whatever it is, she goes "ahh" and eats but in this version, you hear her go "ahh" just as she finishes getting the meatballs.

what other syndication cuts are there? At least they don't cut out entire scenes *cough* HALLMARK *cough*

On a MeTV airing of Kiddie Parties inc, they did a really stupid edit--when Lucy was blowing up balloons, she blew up a light blue one, then it cut to her handing off a GREEN one to Viv. REALLY stupid editing, MeTV! Of course, this was 7 years ago when Josh/DizzyArnizzy gave me a copy on dvd, so it may be edited differently now.

On a MeTV airing of Kiddie Parties inc, they did a really stupid edit--when Lucy was blowing up balloons, she blew up a light blue one, then it cut to her handing off a GREEN one to Viv. REALLY stupid editing, MeTV! Of course, this was 7 years ago when Josh/DizzyArnizzy gave me a copy on dvd, so it may be edited differently now.

They had that ridiculous edit on the syndication print used by CTS over 10 years ago. :lucydisgust:

On the baking contest episode, Audrey was asking Lucy something originally, but on the syndication print (I believe this was from N@N, can't remember the other channel that aired TLS in the early 90s) they switched it so she says VIV, even though her lips say LUCY. So glad we have these on glorious uncut dvds!

And Brock, glad you noticed the balloon edit too. Bugged me so much.

Some episodes edit so they at least make sense, like the boat episode.

Archived