Lucys 1939 Machine Made Voices Commercial

It was a bit disturbing, especially the "COME TO MAMAAAAAA" part.

Well, yeah, you've seen that before in a documentary on her. I guess they thought it was similar to hearing someone speak after inhaling HELIUM, but it's not funny to us as we later heard her speak almost that way, LOL!

Sorry to keep bringing up your new Lucy avatar BUT, that has to be one of the all time most beautiful pictures of the lady I have ever seen.

I agree...I'm fascinated, touched and a little saddened all at the same time about how wistful she looks in it...but more than anything, how she just radiates almost regal beauty. :D

I agree...I'm fascinated, touched and a little saddened all at the same time about how wistful she looks in it...but more than anything, how she just radiates almost regal beauty. :D

Regal is the word I wanted to use to describe it also. Positively regal! Angelic even!

Joey: What's Lucille's approximate age in that photo? Thanks....Love, JK

I'm not sure exactly but my guess would be it's from the mid- to late 70s, so she'd be in the 65 - 70 year old range. There are more astute observers here however whom I'm sure can pinpoint it more accurately than I ever could! ;)

I'm not sure exactly but my guess would be it's from the mid- to late 70s, so she'd be in the 65 - 70 year old range. There are more astute observers here however whom I'm sure can pinpoint it more accurately than I ever could! ;)

Sounds about right, the dress probably bought for one of the many tributes she got around that time.

• 3 months later...

Archived