Dean Martin Comedy Hour- Lucy, Dean Martin and Kate Smith

Don't know if this has been posted before, but here's Lucy on the Dean Martin Comedy Hour in Feb. 1966-

Just terrific, so happy you posted it, my copy`s getting a bit worn out. Now, if you could only find the Steve Lawrence show, with Lucy as guest. She never performed better on anyone else`s show and looked terrific and even sang perfectly.

Don't know if this has been posted before, but here's Lucy on the Dean Martin Comedy Hour in Feb. 1966-

Lucy was just great in that number, wonder why she never had the great Kate Smith on her own show, seemed like just the type of performer she loved. Maybe she could have been the tenant replacing Viv when she was away that went to Roberta Sherwood.

I went back through my public domain VHS tapes I picked up in the 90’s as I know I had some Steve Lawrence stuff in there.

The 2 clips I came across are:

Lucy in a lovely gown with feathers shows the outtakes from Marineland (the ones in the extras on the LS season 4 set) to Steve. As we are watching them she narrates what is going on.

The second clip is the beginning of this song and dance right before they go into Hey Look Me Over. It unfortunally only includes about the first 30 sec of that song.

One of the tapes opens with the opening from Steve Lawrence where Lucy comes down a staircase and then get’s carried all over the stage, but it’s so cut up with the video tape’s opening.

Danny Kaye: I have both of these specials although not in good quality and I know one was done in color (I only have the BW version but it’s got original commercials). The scenes from both you can find are the Japanese restaurant and the sketch about the maid. Some other skits I remember are: A French restaurant with an alcoholic salad dressing so they both get drunk, a scene in an African themed restaurant, a song about blowing balloons that ends in Lucy and Danny running around popping all the balloons on the stage, a sketch where 2 people play all the parts in a play (with outtakes from rehearsal), and my favorite, Lucy and Danny spoof the big stars with their musical specials and guest stars ending with “You’re Just in Love” that spills into a big musical number that closes out the whole show. Lucy has an amazing purple dress on in this (I saw a color version once). I would love if these 2 came out on DVD, they were wonderful.

I went back through my public domain VHS tapes I picked up in the 90’s as I know I had some Steve Lawrence stuff in there.

The 2 clips I came across are:

Lucy in a lovely gown with feathers shows the outtakes from Marineland (the ones in the extras on the LS season 4 set) to Steve. As we are watching them she narrates what is going on.

The second clip is the beginning of this song and dance right before they go into Hey Look Me Over. It unfortunally only includes about the first 30 sec of that song.

One of the tapes opens with the opening from Steve Lawrence where Lucy comes down a staircase and then get’s carried all over the stage, but it’s so cut up with the video tape’s opening.

Danny Kaye: I have both of these specials although not in good quality and I know one was done in color (I only have the BW version but it’s got original commercials). The scenes from both you can find are the Japanese restaurant and the sketch about the maid. Some other skits I remember are: A French restaurant with an alcoholic salad dressing so they both get drunk, a scene in an African themed restaurant, a song about blowing balloons that ends in Lucy and Danny running around popping all the balloons on the stage, a sketch where 2 people play all the parts in a play (with outtakes from rehearsal), and my favorite, Lucy and Danny spoof the big stars with their musical specials and guest stars ending with “You’re Just in Love” that spills into a big musical number that closes out the whole show. Lucy has an amazing purple dress on in this (I saw a color version once). I would love if these 2 came out on DVD, they were wonderful.

Yeah, I should be looking at my old stuff too, amazing what we have that we dun't even KNOW we've got, transferred from beta or VHS to DVD over the decades. Those Kaye specials were excellent, another lost Emmy for Lucy or even two in this case for guest star again. I was floored by their imitations of Judy and Frank and others, two awesome talents, thank God people remember Lucy as almost nobody remembers Kaye anymore.

Yeah, I should be looking at my old stuff too, amazing what we have that we dun't even KNOW we've got, transferred from beta or VHS to DVD over the decades. Those Kaye specials were excellent, another lost Emmy for Lucy or even two in this case for guest star again. I was floored by their imitations of Judy and Frank and others, two awesome talents, thank God people remember Lucy as almost nobody remembers Kaye anymore.

Email Gregg, he has them all... don't know if he'd give them, but worth the shot! I wish you all could have seen the rest of the Ed Wynn show too (beyond the small part they released in the DVDs) in Jamestown- just amazing! Hopefully Gregg will release some of these one day in a DVD package, if he could get the rights and work on the quality, but maybe!

Email Gregg, he has them all... don't know if he'd give them, but worth the shot! I wish you all could have seen the rest of the Ed Wynn show too (beyond the small part they released in the DVDs) in Jamestown- just amazing! Hopefully Gregg will release some of these one day in a DVD package, if he could get the rights and work on the quality, but maybe!

Shokus Video used to sell The Ed Wynn Show with Lucy and Desi, but I don't see it on their website at the moment.

Oh I have them all also, but some of them are not so great copies. The only two things i'd now kill for are the Tom Snyder Tomorrow show with Lucy and The Good years of course.

Thanks so much for posting the Dean Martin clip, Desiluforever :) ! I had not seen it before & really enjoyed it. Joyce, to see the Lawrence clip, copy these ten words: LUCILLE BALL: Hey Look Me Over from her Broadway Musical and then paste in the search field on youtube. It should be the first clip to come up. :lucy1:

Thanks so much for posting the Dean Martin clip, Desiluforever :) ! I had not seen it before & really enjoyed it. Joyce, to see the Lawrence clip, copy these ten words: LUCILLE BALL: Hey Look Me Over from her Broadway Musical and then paste in the search field on youtube. It should be the first clip to come up. :lucy1:

WOW!!!! Thanks so much!!!! Loving you, JK

Archived