Happy 90th Birthday ROSE MARIE!!

Lucyilove

Happy 90th Birthday to the great ROSE MARIE one of the greatest sitcom second bananas of alltime!!

I remembered she had been Baby Rose Marie and started in show business at a very young age so I was curious as to how many years she's been in show biz and what was the last thing she did?

I remembered she had been Baby Rose Marie and started in show business at a very young age so I was curious as to how many years she's been in show biz and what was the last thing she did?

Rose Marie started in show biz at the age of three. I believe her last acting role was reprising her role of Sally Rogers in 2004's The Dick Van Dyke Show Revisited. She still makes appearances and does interviews, though. There was a good new interview with her on Michael Feinstein's PBS series a few months ago. There's 2013 film credit for Rose Marie on the IMDB, but I don't know how legit that is.

Rose Marie started in show biz at the age of three. I believe her last acting role was reprising her role of Sally Rogers in 2004's The Dick Van Dyke Show Revisited. She makes makes appearances and does interviews, though. There was a good new interview with her on Michael Feinstein's PBS series a few months ago. There's 2013 film credit for Rose Marie on the IMDB, but I don't know how legit that is.

You mean they finally gave her another role????? Thanks for the info, JUST LOVE HER, always did.

That guy who gloms onto old lady celebs with the scary toup & eyebrows has been spotted on more than one occassion pushing her around in a wheelchair at Hollywood Autograph shows so.... not sure she's still able to work. Still rocks that damn hair bow, though! :lucythrill:

Rip Taylor? lol

Close! Non-famous/not funny (more like sorta scary!) version, anyways! ;)

I put "scary rip taylor" into Google Image Search and this was the first hit:

Kanagroo.jpg

:marionstrong: :marionstrong:

Unfortunately I did this google search while I was on the phone and I had to come up with a perfectly normal and natural excuse for why I was laughing. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Rose Marie wrote a fun, chatty autobiography a few years ago, it may still be in print as I think it was from a university or small publisher. One of my favorite stories in it is about her HOLLYWOOD SQUARES wardrobe. As everyone probably knows, they taped a week's worth of shows in a day. Of course the stars have to have five sets of clothes to look like it's done different days (I never noticed but I guess the game players also had to bring additional wardrobe?). She writes that she was on the show for years until she realized she could just wear the same set of slacks all "week" long and just change her blouse!

Re the hair bow, I can't remember if she mentions it in the book but I do remember a local newspaper reporter asked her about it and she said it had a personal meaning but she was not going to discuss it....

Always thought that gag on FRIENDS about Rose Marie on a widescreen tv was pretty mean and rather low for the show. No. Rose has never been a beauty queen but that still was rather malicious.

Re "the helper" I know whom y'all are referring to, he seems eccentric but harmless and obviously these
old dames
living legends adore him so I'm cool with it. Certainly Lucy had her share of umm intense male fans around her in the last years, I guess nearly all of the older women in show biz do.

Rose Marie wrote a fun, chatty autobiography a few years ago, it may still be in print as I think it was from a university or small publisher. One of my favorite stories in it is about her HOLLYWOOD SQUARES wardrobe. As everyone probably knows, they taped a week's worth of shows in a day. Of course the stars have to have five sets of clothes to look like it's done different days (I never noticed but I guess the game players also had to bring additional wardrobe?). She writes that she was on the show for years until she realized she could just wear the same set of slacks all "week" long and just change her blouse!

Re the hair bow, I can't remember if she mentions it in the book but I do remember a local newspaper reporter asked her about it and she said it had a personal meaning but she was not going to discuss it....

Always thought that gag on FRIENDS about Rose Marie on a widescreen tv was pretty mean and rather low for the show. No. Rose has never been a beauty queen but that still was rather malicious.

Re "the helper" I know whom y'all are referring to, he seems eccentric but harmless and obviously these
old dames
living legends adore him so I'm cool with it. Certainly Lucy had her share of umm intense male fans around her in the last years, I guess nearly all of the older women in show biz do.

Exactly, when you're gay, it's on the list of things you HAVE to do. As for the dig at Rosie, SNL did it too, when Lucy appeared with the schmuck gary on Barbara Walters, the joke went that Lucy sat in her back yard with Rose Marie and they watched their faces fall. Not funny, at all!

Archived