All Star Tribute to Carol Burnett

Will

Thanks for posting this. I love Lucy's distinctive off-screen laugh at 1.04. No mistaking who that is! She's standing there, practically wetting her pants at Tim Conway but those sitting behind her and Jim are completely stone-faced. lol

I've been wondering -- is this the only time John Murray Anderson's prized and not-so-prized pupils appeared together on screen? There was, of course, the 1987 Kennedy Center Honors but Lucy and Bette Davis never actually appeared in the same frame.

Thanks for posting this. I love Lucy's distinctive off-screen laugh at 1.04. No mistaking who that is! She's standing there, practically wetting her pants at Tim Conway but those sitting behind her and Jim are completely stone-faced. lol

I've been wondering -- is this the only time John Murray Anderson's prized and not-so-prized pupils appeared together on screen? There was, of course, the 1987 Kennedy Center Honors but Lucy and Bette Davis never actually appeared in the same frame.

I thin so, it was so rare to have them together, who'd a thunk it, at a tribute to Carol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rZMIElkvbQ

I love this clip despite the horrible video quality.  It is so cute to see Lucille sing and having fun.  It is so great to so much admiration between peers that seems to be lacking in today's Hollywood.  I wish I could see all of Lucy's performance in it.  Anyone remember what else she did in it?

Sorry, no, I dun't remember what she said at Carol's and ironically, I do remember what she said at Clint Eastwood's.  I think I may have recorded this one but i'll be damned if I can find it, gimme a week or so.  I lost so many great things like this in the TRANSFER wars.

Lucy makes some opening remarks and reads a letter from President Ronald Reagan to Carol. When a shocked Carol made her entrance into the party, she bowed down to Lucy. She also referred to Lucy as her idol in her speech. 

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, what, no Lucy story . . . IT WAS THE SECOND NIGHT OF A SHOW I WAS IN . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rZMIElkvbQ

I love this clip despite the horrible video quality.  It is so cute to see Lucille sing and having fun.  It is so great to so much admiration between peers that seems to be lacking in today's Hollywood.  I wish I could see all of Lucy's performance in it.  Anyone remember what else she did in it?

I appreciate you taking the time to put this up; had NOT seen it. 

Archived