"Please Mother, I'd rather do it MYSELF!"

Neil

Anacin had a series of these commercials with the same basic script: some head-ache suffering hot-head flying off the handle, whose demeanor changes after they take two anacin (with a jigger of scotch, probably). This was the most famous one with the oft-repeated tag line that worked its way into many sitcom scripts. I know of at least 2 times this was used on "The Lucy Show".

And here's our own Janet Waldo in another version:

In real life, the follow up scenes would have been

#1: The daughter pouring an entire shaker of salt over mother's meal. "Is that enough, you old BAT?:

#2: Janet forcing loud-mouthed Jimmy's face down on her sewing machine and stitching his lips SHUT.

Anacin had a series of these commercials with the same basic script: some head-ache suffering hot-head flying off the handle, whose demeanor changes after they take two anacin (with a jigger of scotch, probably). This was the most famous one with the oft-repeated tag line that worked its way into many sitcom scripts. I know of at least 2 times this was used on "The Lucy Show".

And here's our own Janet Waldo in another version:

In real life, the follow up scenes would have been

#1: The daughter pouring an entire shaker of salt over mother's meal. "Is that enough, you old BAT?:

#2: Janet forcing loud-mouthed Jimmy's face down on her sewing machine and stitching his lips SHUT.

Yeah, I remember those and they used to mock them on many variety shows too.

Archived