Ricky's Life Story

Why was this held over from season 2? And how the hell did Ricky not see the wires attached to Lucy when they started singing? I would've stopped and investigated. I love the color publicity photo that's posted on here of that scene, especially Ricky standing in the background in that hat, with his eyes popped out. :D

Do you think it was worthy of a season opener? 

The scenes of Lucy trying to get the baby to walk must have been added in much later then.

Yes, that scene was filmed the same day as The Girls Go into Business. They also had to change the insert shots of the magazine pages that featured the babies from the Simmons twins to the Mayer twins.

I would have gone with "Baby Pictures" as the opener instead, since 'the baby' was still a newsworthy story line for them. "Life Story" is certainly a good one though. Two other early in the season premiere-worthy episodes "Equal Rights" and "Lucy Tells the Truth", though neither of these has a baby tie-in, thanks to the ever-available Mrs. Trumball.

I would have gone with the start-to-finish hilarious "Mr and Mrs. TV Show" for the 4th season instead of the "Business Manager" an episode I like very much.

AND I would have premiered with "Be a Pal" instead of "Girls Want to Go To Nightclub". "Pal" is my favorite of those early episodes. Glad they didn't go with "Murder" though I don't know why.

I'm Ok with the choices of Job Switching (though I prefer "Operetta"), "John Wayne's Footprints" and "Bob Hope" for seasons 2,5 and 6. Although not wild about the last one, I can understand using it for Hope's marquee value.

I'm also OK with all the Lucy Show season premieres except I would have gone with "Locked in Vault" as season 2's premiere to introduce Gale with a little fanfare. Plus there was a little 'event' in that it was TLS's first 2-parter. Having the Gale-less episodes running after the two-parter instead of before: "Cleo" "Kiddie Parties" "Softball" and "Duck Hunting" wouldn't have hurt the continuity, IMO, because it seems like there are other episodes with no Mr. Mooney after he's introduced.

Interesting take, Neil. All of TLS premieres are great. My absolute favorites though, are Cleopatra and Marineland. 

I read somewhere that they forgot to change the subtext of the article in Life that they used as a template for the fake one, and it said that Ricky was a charming and graceful type. Thats not so unusual is it? And now that we have a color publicity shot of the end of that episode, that part should be colorized. 

Interesting take, Neil. All of TLS premieres are great. My absolute favorites though, are Cleopatra and Marineland. 

I read somewhere that they forgot to change the subtext of the article in Life that they used as a template for the fake one, and it said that Ricky was a charming and graceful type. Thats not so unusual is it? And now that we have a color publicity shot of the end of that episode, that part should be colorized. 

Everything should be colorized.

If we do, he might want to paint his TV. :HALKING:

Look at your two avatars and tell me the color one's not prettier or better looking than the black and white one.  Lucy NOT IN COLOR is like Fred Astaire singing instead of dancing, or a day without sunshine, or gary without his toupee.  Ok, went one too many.

Look at your two avatars and tell me the color one's not prettier or better looking than the black and white one. Lucy NOT IN COLOR is like Fred Astaire singing instead of dancing, or a day without sunshine, or gary without his toupee. Ok, went one too many.

I love her in color of course, but I also love her in black and white. I just love Lucy, sir!

Archived