Lucy and Viv's makeup in TLS

I know they were trying to get used to filming in color but still airing in B&W when season 2 originally aired but Lucy and Viv looked like clowns in the first batch of S2 episodes. I know they were comedy clowns, but who has that much blue eyeshadow and red lipstick on when they first get up in the morning?. lol. This is especially noticeable in Duck Hunting, and Kiddie Parties, Inc. And I think in Cleopatra but I have to watch that one again. It's funny because on some Golden Girls episodes, in the ep where they have the flu, they are all heavily made up. I guess Blanche's "how can I feel bad and still look so good" line is true because you have all that makeup on. And in the last episode, when Dorothy wakes up at the beginning, she has a lot of makeup on. Even on The Nanny, when it was Christmas morning in one episode, she had too much makeup on. Not so much the eyeshadow but a lot of lipstick and blush. But that's Fran, she's always got a lot of makeup on. 

I know they were trying to get used to filming in color but still airing in B&W when season 2 originally aired but Lucy and Viv looked like clowns in the first batch of S2 episodes. I know they were comedy clowns, but who has that much blue eyeshadow and red lipstick on when they first get up in the morning?. lol. This is especially noticeable in Duck Hunting, and Kiddie Parties, Inc. And I think in Cleopatra but I have to watch that one again. It's funny because on some Golden Girls episodes, in the ep where they have the flu, they are all heavily made up. I guess Blanche's "how can I feel bad and still look so good" line is true because you have all that makeup on. And in the last episode, when Dorothy wakes up at the beginning, she has a lot of makeup on. Even on The Nanny, when it was Christmas morning in one episode, she had too much makeup on. Not so much the eyeshadow but a lot of lipstick and blush. But that's Fran, she's always got a lot of makeup on. 

Now tell the truth, do you have any make up on as you post that?  Older ladies in show biz always had as much make up on as they could, in a search for a more youthful appearance.

I doubt they would film a scene with all of these actresses without make up then put their make up to film again. Lucy and Viv's make up is very much like that in season 2 and 3. Vibrant blues and purples were very popular then. I really love it, it is impossible for anyone to pull that off today .

I think it was both things: the purple and blue eye shadows were the look then (early 60s) AND they were just starting to film in color and while I'm sure they'd "experimented" with test shots and whatnot, they perhaps had to "tinker" a bit with their respective looks till they got them just right: To look good on film but not overly made up either.  

Those gals were pioneers, ya know?  :lucyhehe:

I think it was both things: the purple and blue eye shadows were the look then (early 60s) AND they were just starting to film in color and while I'm sure they'd "experimented" with test shots and whatnot, they perhaps had to "tinker" a bit with their respective looks till they got them just right: To look good on film but not overly made up either.  

Those gals were pioneers, ya know?  :lucyhehe:

Ever see any of todays STARS without make up, don't, you may never sleep again.  Even the gorgeous ones look horrible without make up.

Archived