How do you decide which show and episode to watch?

Sometimes it's difficult to decide which Lucy to watch. So many great episodes and even the Here's Lucy episodes are still far better then most other program being aired now. Sometimes I just pick a show/season at random then just select an episode.    I've been watching alot the California years of the Lucy Show lately along with season 5 and 6 of Here's Lucy. : I plan on watching a couple episodes of Lucy tonight and yet and I have no Idea what I'm going to watch. What a pleasant delima to have :D

Since I got through all off ILL and the Comedy Hours in order I deceided to keep going in order with TLS and HL. I'm up to the end of Season 5 of TLS. I've relaxed my rules. I'm not writing about them and I can watch ILL anytime I want, I just can't watch anything I haven't gotten to yet. This week I had to sit through Lucy Geyts Caught in the Draft and Mooney the Monkey. I realized I would sit through monkey before draft.

This week I've been watching ILL episodes that get mentioned in other threads.

It all depends. Sometime I just peruse menus trying to pick one, other times I think of a specific moment and immediately have to watch that episode. I mostly watch I Love Lucy over and over. I seldom replay TLS and HL now that I've seen them. I think the biggest factor in me wanting TLS is that it was so hard to find for so long. Now that I've got them all I'm like, "eh".

In some ways I miss my VHS tapes because the format was such that it was much easier to just watch both at once rather than fast forward to the second one, if that was the episode I really wanted to see. In some ways DVD gives me a little too much control, as I often flick back and forth between various scenes of different episodes. It's almost like just having the power to select a scene means that I automatically abuse it!

I do every series often. I've actually been tapering off of ILL, so I can get more familiar with TLS and HL. But when I do I get this kick for that one series. Then go back to ILL occasionally during that kick. As long as I get my Lucy fix.

I've cut back on watching I Love Lucy during these last few months partially due to the show being off the air and also because I'm finding other things to watch (that are either new to me or stuff I've haven't seen in years) that spark a good amount of interest. When it comes to The Lucy Show I put it on sporadically ... most of the time when I don't have anything to watch. And with Here's Lucy that is becoming once in every blue moon. 

And to be honest, I am finding at this time that I don't need or desire a Lucy fix. I've seen them all before countless of times and with I Love Lucy it's more like a million times so they aren't as fresh to me as they were once before.

Archived