Lucys Not As Known But Just As Funny Moment#10

Mmadluv7

I've only seen 4 complete episodes of LWL, thanks for the clip! I hope you post more on the LAB youtube channel!

AWW thanks! We will. Its hard work to create, but its fun seeing people react kindly to it- Im just trying to keep Lucy current and popular with our modern times, and introduce her other work to those who may not know of it. 

Sorry you missed it on Youtube.  Mother of the Bride was there awhile ago but it is gone now but that short clip.  It is wonderful.  It is funny yet has a touching story.  I love it to pieces so funny and heartfelt.  Breaking Up is Hard to Do is on Youtube and is as touching with comedic moments but dramatic ones as well.  I enjoy Life With Lucy when it is a dramaedy.  It is so modern and entertaining.  I also saw the first one it had hilarious moments but the ending is badly edited and unrealistic.  Lucy's Green Thumb is horrible.  Lucy and John Ritter has its hilarilous moments.  I love the end of World's Greatest Grandma and the storyline is pretty good.  I haven't seen the rest all the way yet.  maybe someday

Life With Lucy had some exceptionally good dramatic moments. "Breaking Up Is Hard to Do" is really great. It adds a whole other side to the Lucy character. In all the past series her husbands are almost never mentioned and only seldom in passing conversations.  In this new series, it shows Lucy truly grieving for the loss of her husband.

I know it was comedy and Lucy tried to keep it light hearted but I would have liked a little sentient shown for the unknown dead husband in those 2 series. Maybe just even a name mention.

Also the dead husband sentiment is shown again at the end of Love Among the 2x4s. I'm glad they tried to give her a love interest in the last series. She needed that in all the series and it gets missed in the later Lucy Show episodes.

Life With Lucy had some exceptionally good dramatic moments. "Breaking Up Is Hard to Do" is really great. It adds a whole other side to the Lucy character. In all the past series her husbands are almost never mentioned and only seldom in passing conversations.  In this new series, it shows Lucy truly grieving for the loss of her husband.

Mr. Barker has the distinction of being the only one of Lucy's dead husbands to actually have a name: Sam.  He must have died pretty soon before the pilot because Curtis takes a vacation and new co-owner Lucy reorganizes the store.

We don't know how long Mr. Carmichael had been gone but since Jerry was 8, it couldn't have been too long.  He only gets a mention in "Antenna" when Lucy pounds the side of the TV "like  I used to see your daddy do".

There was little grieving over Mr. Carter, who is never referred to, as far as I know--and it would have given Here's Lucy some much needed pathos.  Harry impersonating Lucy long-lost husband in an episode was not a direct reference to the real Carter.   We never knew anything about him including what he did for a living (ditto with Carmichael).  Carter probably died of a heart attack coming home to a gorboona is his living room or something.

2 references I remember to the apparently not so dearly departed Mr. Carter are the following. Lucy has a doll that Kim played with as a kid. Lucy says “I remember when your father and I gave you her”. The second is in the first Bob Cummings episode Kim says that Lucy wasn’t even married once, then corrects herself and says “other then to my father.”

Archived