THEME ME

Brilliant Men! Thanks so much for sharing that. I wonder if there is sheet music available- Its one of the most prettiest songs. A friend of mine was talking over an orchestration arrangement of TLS that he heard on an awards show 

I have the sheet music to The Lucy Show theme!

It's my favorite theme tune ....2nd only to the I Love Lucy-like "Pete and Gladys" theme.

Don't understand what you mean by this:

'A friend of mine was talking over an orchestration arrangement of TLS that he heard on an awards show"

I have the sheet music to The Lucy Show theme!

It's my favorite theme tune ....2nd only to the I Love Lucy-like "Pete and Gladys" theme.

OMG REALLY!!!!!????? I HAVE TO BUY A COPY OF IT!!!

I play the piano and I promise you I will have some one interpret that sheet music for me and show me how to play it on the keys because its just gorgeous!!! I love it. I like it better than I love Lucys theme!!

Don't understand what you mean by this:

'A friend of mine was talking over an orchestration arrangement of TLS that he heard on an awards show"

I was having this same conversation with my friend Carl a while ago and he told me he  was watching an awards show- oh, lets see, a few years ago- maybe the oscars or the emmys- mustve been the Emmys..anyway. he said an orchestra was playing the Lucy show's theme song but it was very slow and very pretty- as if it were arranged especially for that show- and I don't know what it is that he's talking about, but Ive always wanted to hear it- and have always been fascinated at the thought of it being played by a full orchestra rather than a small band.

Its so pretty!!!!

Sometimes I wish that was the song used for her entrances to TV talk shows-

I'll look for my sheet music as long as you promised to record your version and post!

I wasn't watching  talk shows during the TLS run, but later her intro music alternated between Here's Lucy and I Love Lucy.

I did hear one intro for her that during TLS, might have been a variety show, that was a "medley" of The Lucy Show and Hey, Look Me Over.

Nelson Riddle's recording of The Lucy Show (entitled "Lucy Theme" on the album) had a decided Latin flavor as if recorded by the Desi Arnaz Orchestra.

Since I wasn't watching, I don't know how many times she may have appeared on talk shows during the run of The Lucy Show.  The first one I saw was Lucy and Viv as surprised guests on Mike Douglas in 1968 when she announced a "change of format" for the fall.  "My kids are grown and I'm putting them on. (To audience) I hope they approve." And the audience dutifully applauded.

A kid's mother had watched Lucy on Carson and informed him (for some reason) who informed me that Lucy had told her age: 51!  Must have been during season 1, but I was SHOCKED!  I've always wondered how that came up in the interview.  Certainly Carson wouldn't have had the bad-taste nerve to ask point-blank.

I wouldn't put it past him, LOL!  Besides, as she said herself many times, everybody knew her real age as she had never lied about it and lived to regret that fact.  Hey, seeing as you know so much about music, who wrote that great song that Lucy did with Ann Margret, autograph Annie and Celebrity Lu?

who wrote that great song that Lucy did with Ann Margret, autograph Annie and Celebrity Lu?

I don't know.  Those unsung heroes of tv variety: choreographers, orchestrators and songwriters (not to mention the people who have to learn what they created in a short period of time....and be letter perfect).  I've done a little lyric writing myself and some times it takes a LONG time to come up with the perfect lyric fit.  These people didn't have the luxury of waiting for some inspiration. And all for something that is seen and heard only ONCE-twice if it's rerun.  Rarely did some clever original song have any life after its one presentation.

I don't know.  Those unsung heroes of tv variety: choreographers, orchestrators and songwriters (not to mention the people who have to learn what they created in a short period of time....and be letter perfect).  I've done a little lyric writing myself and some times it takes a LONG time to come up with the perfect lyric fit.  These people didn't have the luxury of waiting for some inspiration. And all for something that is seen and heard only ONCE-twice if it's rerun.  Rarely did some clever original song have any life after its one presentation.

The guy who claims to have brought them together to do the show is on youtube, maybe we can ask him who did it. Thats one of my favorite songs, EVER. 

You bring so much insight to the way they had to create the shows back then! i never saw it that way before

I'll look for my sheet music as long as you promised to record your version and post!

I wasn't watching  talk shows during the TLS run, but later her intro music alternated between Here's Lucy and I Love Lucy.

I did hear one intro for her that during TLS, might have been a variety show, that was a "medley" of The Lucy Show and Hey, Look Me Over.

Nelson Riddle's recording of The Lucy Show (entitled "Lucy Theme" on the album) had a decided Latin flavor as if recorded by the Desi Arnaz Orchestra.

Since I wasn't watching, I don't know how many times she may have appeared on talk shows during the run of The Lucy Show.  The first one I saw was Lucy and Viv as surprised guests on Mike Douglas in 1968 when she announced a "change of format" for the fall.  "My kids are grown and I'm putting them on. (To audience) I hope they approve." And the audience dutifully applauded.

A kid's mother had watched Lucy on Carson and informed him (for some reason) who informed me that Lucy had told her age: 51!  Must have been during season 1, but I was SHOCKED!  I've always wondered how that came up in the interview.  Certainly Carson wouldn't have had the bad-taste nerve to ask point-blank.

Id love to see that Carson clip one day! lol

Too bad for the lackluster reply for the kids lol later, the world would fall in love with them both.

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO @ You looking for the sheet music!!!!! Hopefully, Ill learn how to play it well. Ill try my best to play it well and post it, only because you asked!!lol Im scared now lol I want to be good!! 

I can not get into how much I love that theme song. 

I also love the HL opening, but I think I like the version that begins with the chimes I think lol

I can read music, but Im not sure how this will look.

I could only find the cover sheet to "the NEW Lucy Show", that BBC series with Lucille Ball and Gale Gordon.  Someone had copied it for me.  Still looking for the rest.  I'd forgotten that I had the handwritten sheet music to the Here's Lucy's theme.

• 1 month later...

Archived