DVD Alert: Fuller, Richmond, Affairs, Carpet (September 30)

Brock

Mill Creek is re-issuing* "Her Husband's Affairs", "Miss Grant Takes Richmond", "The Fuller Brush Girl" and "The Magic Carpet", in a lower-cost 2-disk package on September 30:

http://www.amazon.com/First-Lady-Comedy-Lucille-Collection/dp/B00LU5PB0S/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1405722767&sr=1-1&keywords=Lucille+Ball

4ui1b8.jpg

I hope they correct a few things on this package -- and choose more logical stills. lol

*Re-release on DVD, first time release for Mill Creek.

Lucy should have bought out the negatives for Magic Carpet.  While I am thrilled to see a release of three of her better movies, not even getting the spelling right, sheesh!

well maybe the colors help- I tweaked it just a bit- just a little-Now lets find the pictures to put there instead and we'll email this to them as a suggestion :D  maybealildifferrent.jpg

The original has the color on her rings all screwed up. Thanks for adding the blue back in. The original also changed all the gold parts of the rings to silver. What what crazy filter they used on that pic.

Good spot... didn't realize that at first! And yeah... that filter is just terrible... the coloring job is actually pretty good, but Henry's makes it look much better!!

The original has the color on her rings all screwed up. Thanks for adding the blue back in. The original also changed all the gold parts of the rings to silver. What what crazy filter they used on that pic.

My problem with the cover is that it looks like yet another LUCY SHOW public domain repackaging especially with it's shockingly low hyping of some damn good movies on the cover.  If I would see this in a store I  probably would have instantly dismissed it and not realized what a gem of a collection it is.

My problem with the cover is that it looks like yet another LUCY SHOW public domain repackaging especially with it's shockingly low hyping of some damn good movies on the cover. If I would see this in a store I probably would have instantly dismissed it and not realized what a gem of a collection it is.

I agree. It should say Lucille Ball Movie Collection or something, make it stand out.

• 3 weeks later...

I sent Mill Creek this email:

Hi,

Was hoping you will be updating both the cover art and editorial for this release with the correct info.

Your cover art has the first film MISTITLED as "Her Husband's Affair", when in actuality it is "Her Husband's Affairs" (with an "s").

The film is about the wife meddling in her husband's affairs.  Not about an "affair".

Hope this will be fixed.

Got a response from a Lyle Goff:

Thank you for the information regarding the needed title correction for our Lucille Ball DVD collection.  We appreciate your input and your e-mail has been forwarded to the manufacturing department for review. The title correction will be submitted for our next production run for this product. Please feel free to contact us with any additional comments, questions or suggestions.

..................................I think that means they are too cheap to do it right the first time.

Archived