DVD Alert: Fuller, Richmond, Affairs, Carpet (September 30)

Brock

Mill Creek sells budget DVDs, ie. they offer the complete series of Bewitched and That 70s Show for $25-30 each. Official and affordable, I love them. I can deal with them being a little cheap with the change.

True, for the "casual" collector ....but if I'm collecting to collect because it's a fave show, I want the best picture (and sound) quality possible, which is why I'm getting blu-ray versions whenever possible!! Mill Creek despite being known as a "cheapo" outfit regurgitating those previously released Sony titles on DVD -- with many more episodes per disc, which can only mean picture quality must suffer a bit -- has also released a couple of seasons of "That 70s Show" on blu -- and they look AMAZING!!! So, I hope they keep going and release the entire series this way!!! ;)

True, for the "casual" collector ....but if I'm collecting to collect because it's a fave show, I want the best picture (and sound) quality possible, which is why I'm getting blu-ray versions whenever possible!! Mill Creek despite being known as a "cheapo" outfit regurgitating those previously released Sony titles on DVD -- with many more episodes per disc, which can only mean picture quality must suffer a bit -- has also released a couple of seasons of "That 70s Show" on blu -- and they look AMAZING!!! So, I hope they keep going and release the entire series this way!!! ;)

I just purchased their That 70s Show complete series set, while they've shoved everything on to 3 discs (original sets had 4), the show still looks really great.

I'd love to be more of a purist, but the wallet only allows for so much.

You are such a PURIST Joey, LOL!  I care more about the product being OUT than I do the quality, HOWEVER I do admit it's hard to watch those Lucy show reruns on CTS as they look so bad compared to our flawless dvds.

Not exactly a "purist" but why not insist on the highest quality to get the most "bang for your buck" whenever, wherever possible?? ;)

Well, you must be quite affluent to get everything you've mentioned lately, those days are gone for me temporarily but if beau moves in, MONEY WILL BE NO OBJECT, I can have the copter fly me to Europe or something.  Who's the hottie in your latest avatar?  Is that Superman?

Well, you must be quite affluent to get everything you've mentioned lately, those days are gone for me temporarily but if beau moves in, MONEY WILL BE NO OBJECT, I can have the copter fly me to Europe or something.  Who's the hottie in your latest avatar?  Is that Superman?

Affluent?? I wish! And yes, that is indeed Brandon Routh, one-time Superstud and more recently, husband to the marvelous Michael Urie in CBS' short-lived Partners. :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Has anyone seen this set yet in stores? I've yet to see it in Walmart or Kmart. I fear these stores may have been burned in the past by unsaleable LS pd crap and thought this was more of the same.

They have it at WalMart here, though I've seen it in two different sections at two different WalMarts. Either way, it's a steal at $9.99.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived