Footage of William Frawley's funeral

Bill was the subject of a This Is Your Life in January 1961. I've never seen it. I'm not sure who was there besides the My Three Sons group and Edna Louise. Bill was not happy his ex-wife was there. Lucy was doing Wildcat at the time, but sent a recorded message that was played.

Mr. and Mrs. Frawley were married from 1913 to 1927, but they had been separated since 1921. I think Edna left show business after the marriage ended. She never remarried and lived until the age of 99 in 1992.

I'm really surprised Edna even went to the funeral.

• 1 month later...

Lucy never attended funerals, but issued a nice statement to the press.  The only funeral I remember her attending was Dino Martin jr's and I assume that was because he had been a good friend of Desi jr's and also Dino's and his wife's child, as she loved both of them.

She attended Desi's funeral.  https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1346&dat=19861205&id=DLlNAAAAIBAJ&sjid=nfsDAAAAIBAJ&pg=4867,1604863&hl=en

• 2 years later...

Lucy also attended Harry Einstein's funeral. But even if she didn't regularly attend funerals, you'd think she and Desi would have to attend this one since Harry passed away at their Friar's Club Roast.

89ec39c85e8cea2b8c18b075618bbd5f

Regarding Bill's funeral, according to the 'Lucy & Desi' scrapbook by Elisabeth Edwards, Desi was very sad that Lucy and Viv didn't attend. I haven't seen any other publication or article mention this, though. 

But perhaps it's true that Lucy didn't like funerals. According to Wanda Clark, Gary refused to have a funeral for Lucy because he said she didn't want one. Lucie went ahead and planned three services anyway, and Gary did not attend any of them. 

What is written in that scrapbook has a bit of dramatization in the text. Don't take most of it as actually true and factual word for word.

Lucy did not like funerals. I've seen this mentioned a few places. Lucie has also said that her mom left no instructions for what she wanted after she died. The 3 masses in 3 different cities were held for fans. The family did not attend any. A picnic was held around Mother's Day instead of a funeral. This was the intimate friends and family gathering. 

Archived