Wildcat "revival"

Neil

She appears to be too busy posting videos of herself smoking pot to YouTube. :lucythrill:

Paula looks pretty good for 81!!

I guess it's all that pot smoking. Are there REALLY youtube videos of this?

Who can blame the gal....It's been downhill since 1961 when she closed TWO shows in one year. She went from Wildcat right into "Let It Ride"with George Gobel which lasted only a couple of months. PLUS how would YOU like to be cold sober and wake up next to Jack Carter?

As far as I know her only other Broadway appearance was as the replacement ingenue in Sammy Davis's "Golden Boy" in '64 or '65.

And by the way, I don't think the 'twist' was around during the "Wildcat" run, but I could be wrong.

And yes, I would like to hear the OTHER side of the Lee Tannen incident. Lee spends so much time justifying his outburst I have a feeling there's more to it. (Lucy to driver: "Let's get out of here before he starts foaming at the mouth and bites somebody!"). In the play version, I was really surprised he used Paula's full name. He took some really cheap shots at her without any back-story....not even a reference to "Wildcat".

• 1 month later...

Add to the list of actress who played "Wildcat": Dolores Gray

Others: Gale Storm, Martha Raye, Mamie Van Doran, and Carmen Quinn whose "Joe" was none other than Ed MacMahon.

("HI-YOHHHHHH!'ll come home, She will say....").

Ed in a musical?? And for that matter....Ed as an actor at all? He wasn't exactly dreadful in "Phones the President", but he was sort of stiff and brought nothing to the part.

Program from New York production of December 2010

Wildcat2010Program_.jpg

Add to the list of actress who played "Wildcat": Dolores Gray

Others: Gale Storm, Martha Raye, Mamie Van Doran, and Carmen Quinn whose "Joe" was none other than Ed MacMahon.

("HI-YOHHHHHH!'ll come home, She will say....").

Ed in a musical?? And for that matter....Ed as an actor at all? He wasn't exactly dreadful in "Phones the President", but he was sort of stiff and brought nothing to the part.

Program from New York production of December 2010

Wildcat2010Program_.jpg

• 9 months later...

I just discovered that Wildcat won at least one other award besides Lucy's Aegis Theatre Club Award. Don Tompkins, who played Sookie, won the Outer Critics' Circle Award for Best Musical Performance. This means that he won the award over others performing on Broadway that season like Lucy, Julie Andrews, Richard Burton, and Tammy Grimes.

Archived