Bess Myerson has died

HarryCarter

Bess Myerson, who worked with Lucy several times on, I've Got A Secret died on December 14 at the age of 90.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/01/06/nyregion/bess-myerson-miss-america-and-new-york-official-tarnished-in-scandal-dies.html?referrer=

Former Miss America, yes, really liked her, but 90, hey that's just great.  Better than Lucy's much too young 77.

Some of her bios mention her being scandal plagued through the years.  I wonder if they mean when she was the beard for Howard Koch and acted as his hostess as he was gay and therefore unmarried.  He could have asked Herbert Hoover to serve as his official hostess.

Nah... think criminal. ;) (Although she was acquitted.)

Some of her bios mention her being scandal plagued through the years. I wonder if they mean when she was the beard for Howard Koch and acted as his hostess as he was gay and therefore unmarried. He could have asked Herbert Hoover to serve as his official hostess.

Read the obit linked above. It goes into great detail about the "Bess Mess" and the other scandals that led her to withdraw from public life.

Whatever messes Bess had, she was a gracious and entertaining panelist on "I've Got a Secret" (for several seasons the lead-in to The Lucy Show).  Had a nice discussion with Betsy Palmer at the one autograph show I attended and she said about Bess, like Carolyn Appleby in bridge, "she cheated"!  I don't know how you cheat at I've Got a Secret.

Whatever messes Bess had, she was a gracious and entertaining panelist on "I've Got a Secret" (for several seasons the lead-in to The Lucy Show).  Had a nice discussion with Betsy Palmer at the one autograph show I attended and she said about Bess, like Carolyn Appleby in bridge, "she cheated"!  I don't know how you cheat at I've Got a Secret.

She got info from the producers as to who had what secret?

Archived