Taylor Negron Lucy story

Neil

I haven’t listened to this yet but according to the blog entry of his Lucy was talking about how these men would meet women at the station posing as agents and then rape them. Lucy never implied she was one of these people. She was pointing out the nieveness of wannabe actresses and how men prayed on them. She was grateful that Lela protected the young girls and not only taught them acting but how to take care of themselves. I think Lucy learned her toughness and street smarts in NYC so when she got to Hollywood she wasn’t a stupid kid off the turnip truck but one who could look out for herself. She clearly knew many girls who fell prey to men who took advantage of them one way or another.

I haven’t listened to this yet but according to the blog entry of his Lucy was talking about how these men would meet women at the station posing as agents and then rape them. Lucy never implied she was one of these people. She was pointing out the nieveness of wannabe actresses and how men prayed on them. She was grateful that Lela protected the young girls and not only taught them acting but how to take care of themselves. I think Lucy learned her toughness and street smarts in NYC so when she got to Hollywood she wasn’t a stupid kid off the turnip truck but one who could look out for herself. She clearly knew many girls who fell prey to men who took advantage of them one way or another.

Man, she really took Lela's death hard huh?

Lucie Arnaz had some things to say about this. She thought he was very insightful and wrote Lucy very well. Plus she isn't a fan of how "gay man" imitate her voice that way. She also doesn't know if Lucy was one of those girls, Lucie says she doubt she was. It is an assumption of Taylor, but maybe some things can be left unsaid to your children. Especially in those days. Then of course some facts were a bit jumbled.

Lucie Arnaz had some things to say about this. She thought he was very insightful and wrote Lucy very well. Plus she isn't a fan of how "gay man" imitate her voice that way. She also doesn't know if Lucy was one of those girls, Lucie says she doubt she was. It is an assumption of Taylor, but maybe some things can be left unsaid to your children. Especially in those days. Then of course some facts were a bit jumbled.

Yeah, i noticed that too.  The ages and years they met for one thing.  Again, the guy is remembering something that happened when he was a kid.

I'm thinking Lucille got all 'schooling' she needed in this department while still living in Celoron/Jamestown!  Enough said!  JK

Lucy was too tough and street smart to get raped IMO.  I think Taylor was mistaken or misunderstood something.  Other than that, very moving story.  

Yes, i think he MISUNDERSTOOD  "i was one of those girls" thinking she meant one of those girls who got raped when she probably just meant one of those girls who arrived in LA and was met by those guys pretending to be agents.

Archived