And now...a Mother's Day Release???!

JoeySanJoaquin

10981301_10152549443761673_2716524445408

Ya know...I'm all for "pushing the product...." but with this release, me thinks it's getting a little ridiculous!! Which isn't to say I won't buy it since I'm a "completist" but still...who amongst us really needs this,especially if they "pick up the pace" of the Blu Ray releases! Oy!  Enough double (or should I say triple, quadruple, etc. etc. you get the idea!) dipping already!  Jeesh!  :lucywow:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya know...I'm all for "pushing the product...." but with this release, me thinks it's getting a little ridiculous!! Which isn't to say I won't buy it since I'm a "completist" but still...who amongst us really needs this,especially if they "pick up the pace" of the Blu Ray releases! Oy!  Enough double (or should I say triple, quadruple, etc. etc. you get the idea!) dipping already!  Jeesh!  :lucywow:

Looks beautiful though and is a nice tie in for Mother's Day, i'm definitely getting it.

There's no publicity shot with Lucy and Desi and maybe one of the little Ricky's to have for the cover, rather than grainy zoomed shot of Lucy in court? The coloring is nice but 2001, we can do better. They need to spell out the letter "You" and for this to be for mothers, why aren't the colors a little more soft? Maybe a a different color scheme. They also need to make the heart pink.

Maybe that ep with Ricky acting out the big bad wolf story will come out for Father's Day too.

Would be a good idea to release a" Lucy as Mother....Hen" release that includes episodes of all 3 series, though I know it's impossible because CBS does ILL and TLS and Shout does HL.  Suggested episodes:

Lucy is Enciente

Lucy Goes to Hospital

No Children Allowed

Ricky Minds the baby

Baby Pictures

Homesick in Italy

Nursery School/Tonsils

TLS

Waits Up for Chris

Chris's NY Eve Party

Chris Elopes

Jerry Goes to Military Academy  (this is the 2nd season episode, before he changed his name to Jimmy)

HL

Lucy's Working Daughter

Craig's Drivers License

Kim Moves Out

Wandering Mother Tonight

Would be a good idea to release a" Lucy as Mother....Hen" release that includes episodes of all 3 series, though I know it's impossible because CBS does ILL and TLS and Shout does HL.  Suggested episodes:

Lucy is Enciente

Lucy Goes to Hospital

No Children Allowed

Ricky Minds the baby

Baby Pictures

Homesick in Italy

Nursery School/Tonsils

TLS

Waits Up for Chris

Chris's NY Eve Party

Chris Elopes

Jerry Goes to Military Academy  (this is the 2nd season episode, before he changed his name to Jimmy)

HL

Lucy's Working Daughter

Craig's Drivers License

Kim Moves Out

Wandering Mother Tonight

Actually Neil MPI released our Here's Lucy season-by-season sets along with the LB specials and the "complete" Here's Lucy set with all 6 seasons (anyone here made the splurge for that? I'm on the fence since I have all the single volumes and there's apparently no new added "bonuses"!) along with the invaluable assistance and bonus features produced by our friends at "GAB"...(Thanks again, George and Garret! ;))...a little surprised you got that wrong! (Yes, I know, the original "Best of HL" was put out by Shout! but they certainly have been much improved upon with the MPI releases!) :lucywow::peachonthebeach::vanda:

The "U Rock Mom" is meant to be modern "internet speak" (as in LMAO, etc.)

There are four episodes in the set: "Lucy is Enceinte," "Lucy Goes to the Hospital," "No Children Allowed" and "Nursery School."

I think the set is designed primarily for people who do not necessarily have all the earlier "complete season" or "complete series" releases...

It's a great "gift idea" ...

tjw

If you're going to pick 4 episodes representative of Lucy Ricardo as a mother, these would be the 4.  All great ones.  If one were to CARP,  the insert shot of Lucy nodding 'yes' to Ricky is a great one of her, but the people in the background are looking away and rather bored (CUE HAZEL!! I think one of them is her)..   This is one of those things that jumps out after multiple viewings and would slide right by anyone watching it for the first (or first dozen) times, they'd be so caught up in the moment, so I can let that one go.

BUT in "Nursery School".......The cue to faint after seeing or hearing something 'shocking' is pretty hard to pull off for any actor (because just how often has this happened in real life.  Going "DAAAAHHH", yes; fainting, no) but of all the faint-faking in sitcom history, the old doctor's is probably the most worst on record.  He's actually pretty good except for that and .....one too many "This is most unusual"'s.   It mars this episode because everything else is plausible in real life (well, Lucy Ricardo's version of real life, anyway).  The show has some great lines including Lucy's response to Ricky claim that Little Ricky is half his child.  "When I hid my half, your half went right along with it".

"No Children" is really one of the best of all ILL episodes, not usually in anyone's "best" list.  It clips along with perfection and not a wasted line or scene.  All four are in top form and all have their own moments to shine.  Expertly directed, especially the card party scene where Ethel tells the story one time too many.  Also one of the few times that a major event of the story has taken place and we don't know it.  (Referring to Ethel having driven Lucy gradually nuts.  I always thought a montage with Lucy getting more and more intolerant would have been nice.)  Lucy seething as Ethel tells Fred and Ricky is explained once the Mertzes leave.  What a wonderful way of introducing Mrs. Trumball.  One can certainly excuse vivian Vance for mispronouncing it as Turnball since this is her first appearance.   I hope Elizabeth Patterson got a check every time Lucy's scheme commences and this line was said "I'll get Mrs. Trumball to look after the baby" even if she was not in the episode

April 28, according to tvshowsondvd:

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Love-Lucy-I-Love-Mom-Edition/20743

Well, i'm in, sounds like a terrific idea from merchandising for once, how come the chocolate factory is not being made available for Valentine's Day or better still the Sentimental Anniversary and Hollywood Anniversary and so on . . . 

Well, i'm in, sounds like a terrific idea from merchandising for once, how come the chocolate factory is not being made available for Valentine's Day or better still the Sentimental Anniversary and Hollywood Anniversary and so on . . . 

Oh lordy don't give 'em any more ideas!! I'm having Columbia House "flashbacks" what with their very sometimes quite a stretch 3 or 4 episode "collections" for a theme! Oy! :lucywow:

Oh lordy don't give 'em any more ideas!! I'm having Columbia House "flashbacks" what with their very sometimes quite a stretch 3 or 4 episode "collections" for a theme! Oy! :lucywow:

But you know I Love Lucy is CBS' cash cow and they are always looking to milk it for all they can . . . you might not like this next part but i wish they would also release the Hollywood trip and then the European one as separate releases for people who never intend to buy the whole series, remember, they did that on VHS one time, they could also do it on Blu Ray.

• 2 months later...

Archived