As mentioned on I Love Lucy...

The death of Al Rosen made me wonder how many pop culture figures mentioned on I Love Lucy (but not seen on...) are still with us today.

Off the top of my head:

• Betsy Drake
  • Pat Boone
  • Arlene Dahl
  • The Queen
  • Prince Philip
  • Margaret O'Brien
  • Gina Lollobrigida

Who else?

Marge Champion

Hugh O'Brian

Not mentions, but there's also the picture of Zsa Zsa Gabor hanging in the foyer of the Tropicana and the copy of Modern Screen with Debbie Reynolds on the cover.

Yeah, that Zsa Zsa pic was a real stunner.  Which reminds me to ask you, is the issue of LOOK Lucy is holding one time an issue that featured herself on the cover?  And i don't mean the one where she's hunting the bear.

Yeah, that Zsa Zsa pic was a real stunner. Which reminds me to ask you, is the issue of LOOK Lucy is holding one time an issue that featured herself on the cover? And i don't mean the one where she's hunting the bear.

Ricky is reading a LOOK magazine with Lucy among those pictured on the cover in the opening moments of Lucy Gets Ricky on the Radio.

Ricky is reading a LOOK magazine with Lucy among those pictured on the cover in the opening moments of Lucy Gets Ricky on the Radio.

Why would they do something like that, because most tv sets were so small and the image so bad that most people would not notice?  We sure do in that clear dvd image now though.

I think it was a subtle way to plug an issue they were in.  The McCalls with the name of the show on and I think there is a TV Guide they were not on the cover of but had a story in.  I also know there is a Companion magazine that shows up that had an article on them in.

I think it was a subtle way to plug an issue they were in.  The McCalls with the name of the show on and I think there is a TV Guide they were not on the cover of but had a story in.  I also know there is a Companion magazine that shows up that had an article on them in.

People forget how popular those magazines were back then.

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...