British premiere of The Facts of Life

Brock

This was fun to see! Thanks!

I'm not sure what Bob's excuse was, but Lucy was doing Wildcat at the time.

Well, Lucy didn't exactly have to worry about the financial backers pulling out if she took a couple of nights off to hob with every nob that was worth hobbing with.

A couple of years ago, they released an extensive book of the Queen Mother's letters. Unfortunately, there was nothing in there registering her critique of the movie. Someone should write Lord Snowdon to get him to weigh in. lol

For what it's worth, here's the Royal Preme of "Move Over, Darling" featuring James Garner, Margaret Rutherford and Fat Ass Hagford:

Well, Lucy didn't exactly have to worry about the financial backers pulling out if she took a couple of nights off to hob with every nob that was worth hobbing with.

I'm sure if would have been bad publicity if Lucy jetted off to England days after taking a two week vacation from a show that had been open for barely two months.

A couple of years ago, they released an extensive book of the Queen Mother's letters. Unfortunately, there was nothing in there registering her critique of the movie. Someone should write Lord Snowdon to get him to weigh in. lol

For what it's worth, here's the Royal Preme of "Move Over, Darling" featuring James Garner, Margaret Rutherford and Fat Ass Hagford:

Fat Ass Hagford is?? (No I didn't watch the video yet but this caught my eye!) :viv2:

Did I miss the reference that "The Facts of Life" was the movie shown in the first video?

You'd think the Queen Mother could afford some dental work.  Missing a tooth on her upper left side.

And I love the description of Leslie Caron as "the delightfully feminine Leslie Caron".  Could have come out of the mouth of Don Loper!----

My favorite Loper phrase was him greeting hip-swaying, fox-fur-flaunting Sheila Macrae with "You're looking ENORMOUSLY pretty today".  If he had said that to Ethel, Fred's next line would have been "well, I can't argue with that'.   But nothing, NOTHING beats his exasperated look to the heavens on the syllable "CAR" when introducing Mrs. Richard CARLson.  Cracks me up every time.

When I was a kid, the fashion show segment bored me but now I think it's a highlight, filled with CAMP and horrid fashions and it's become one of my very favorite episodes.   Lucy was never better than in her faux telephone call to MGM from the salon.

They didn't mention FOL in the video, but it WAS the film selection for the 1961 Royal Film Performance.

How interesting.   I can see picking "West Side Story" but the trifle "Move Over Darling"??  My memory is that it was fine, but hardly stellar film-making.

Archived