Life With Lucy - DVD Concept

Bravo! Very realistic, although other bonus features could include the Alan Thicke interview and maybe Lucy and John Ritter presenting Red Skelton with The Governer's Award, as that was right around the time John's LWL aired. I'm hoping your 'Alternate Broadcasts' will include the missing scene from the first episode!

5b49ba.jpg

Thought I'd share the concept cover I made for my personal copies of the show. Perhaps one day we'll see something official, but for now this'll do. This is a first draft; I'll upload another if I make any changes.

BRIAN!!! You know privately how fond I am of you and part of that is how clever and talented you are but THIS! This is "pro" man!!! LOVE this and you would do great in design, promotion, etc. or whatever you pursued.  WOW!  Only one question: "alternate broadcasts"?? What does this refer to?  Brilliant Brian baby!!! :peachonthebeach:

• Like 2

Bravo! Very realistic, although other bonus features could include the Alan Thicke interview and maybe Lucy and John Ritter presenting Red Skelton with The Governer's Award, as that was right around the time John's LWL aired. I'm hoping your 'Alternate Broadcasts' will include the missing scene from the first episode!

The bonus features I listed were the ones included on the copies I obtained. The "alternate broadcasts" refers to different airings of some episodes being included. For instance, it has the original broadcast, nick at night rerun and network tape copy of the first episode.

• Like 2

I've noticed that. Part of it is I shrunk the resolution so it'd be easier to load on the web. But I might modify the font.

I don't think it would be a huge deal, since it does explicitly mention the 13 on the back cover. And after people actually watched the episodes, I don't think they'd feel like they were missing out on much from the 'missing six'!

I've noticed that. Part of it is I shrunk the resolution so it'd

Makes sense, I think it's fine the way it is! :)

The bonus features I listed were the ones included on the copies I obtained. The "alternate broadcasts" refers to different airings of some episodes being included. For instance, it has the original broadcast, nick at night rerun and network tape copy of the first episode.

Ahh, well that makes sense, especially since we've all got them from a....various ...sources, yeah that's it! :HALKING:

Thank you, thank you, thank you for bringing back some amazing memories of a time in my life that was truly amazing and an evening I never dreamed I'd actually experience.  Bravo! :luciedesi:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Superb design  Professional in every way. Those Aussies sure are talented!

As long as we're throwing in bonus features, I suggest "Comedy is No Joke" and maybe CBS's last-minute produced hour-long tribute to Lucy with the unlikely host: Dan Rather.

AND the theme song Lucie Arnaz submitted.

Nothing horribly wrong with the Eydie Gorme song. It's just got very little to do with the show. But what rhymes with "Hardware"?

Pablo, I don't know about "HD"-ing Lucy at 75.

5b49ba.jpg

Thought I'd share the concept cover I made for my personal copies of the show. Perhaps one day we'll see something official, but for now this'll do. This is a first draft; I'll upload another if I make any changes.

Superb design  Professional in every way. Those Aussies sure are talented!As long as we're throwing in bonus features, I suggest "Comedy is No Joke" and maybe CBS's last-minute produced hour-long tribute to Lucy with the unlikely host: Dan Rather.AND the theme song Lucie Arnaz submitted.Nothing horribly wrong with the Eydie Gorme song. It's just got very little to do with the show. But what rhymes with "Hardware"?Pablo, I don't know about "HD"-ing Lucy at 75.

Thanks Neil. The bonus features I listed were the ones presented with the set I obtained. That way it matches the disc contents I have, as I'm printing this for personal use. If I could track down the ones you mentioned, I'd happily include them!

This needs to be out finally, and in HD.

That'd be tough, as the film was edited onto tape for the master copies. Unless the source footage exists, standard definition is all we could hope for. And the cost of recreating those episodes would likely rule that out. I highly doubt they'd consider that feasible, given the demand is probably low.

• 8 months later...

I watched a few Life with Lucys last night.....Hadn't seen any in a long while. Episode viewed "Mother of the Bride" "Bytes the Dust" "Mr. Fix-It/Wake Up Pasadena" "Legal Eagle" and the unaired "Greatest Grandmother", and "Breaking Up...".   It's really a shame because these episodes were actually pretty good.  Lucy has lost none (or little) of her physical comedy abilities.  Of note: her wobbly-legged walk after she gets up out of the electric recliner (unused laugh line: "If Curtis dozed off in that, he'd wake up half way to Riverside!") and her attempt at tap dancing as a talent for the "Greatest Grandmother" contest.  What she doesn't have is a voice and a firm grasp on her lines.  I don't know why they didn't do some pick-up shots on some of her lines.  However, even in 1986, they still didn't seem to be able to pull this off.  Unless we're missing some, these inserts ALWAYS stood out.  One of the visuals in my head forever is:  after the filming of "Breaking Up..." (the one episode I attended), they did a pick-up of Curtis's line "You can't say I'm not Mr. Fun" (and isn't it obvious?)   The audience had left. I'm on the set and can see behind it: Lucy walking alone.  As she realizes they're doing the shot, she broke stride and started to tip toe.  Enough of a "Lucy bit" that I smiled and I was the only one watching. 

You wouldn't think that this would necessarily be a big problem but I think a lot of viewers were turned off my her make up--the overuse of  mascara/lashes/eyeliner.  She actually looked much better and natural  in person with this make-up than she did on film, which was a strange phenomenon. 

Most everyone picks "Mother of Bride" as their favorite and while it's good, my favorite is "Legal Eagle".  The suspenders-snap and her lawyer-walk are reminders that she still had it.   Though B&M didn't write this one, the suspenders was one of their contributions, as confirmed in a post-show conversation with Madelyn, who concurred "it reminded me of the 'old Lucy' '. "

• Like 1

• 5 months later...