Here's Lucy: Season Four -- Coming March 2011

Brock

All I have to say is "OH--MY--GAWD!" I can't wait for this. What's more exciting is that March 2011 looks like it's going to be quite a Lucy month. Is it possible that they would schedule "The Lucy Show: Season 4" on the same day? Or is that impossible? Either way, it would be great for both to be released in the same month. GREAT GREAT NEWS!!!

Great News

"The Pearl Baily Show"?!!! My Holy Grails are coming at me at an alarming rate. First "The Good Years" the "Opening Night" and now this. "Pearl" had a relatively short run as a mid-season replacement on Saturday night in early 1971. I have had the audio of this but have never seen it. There's talk during the show of Lucy's upcoming number and how she doesn't think she's prepared. Lucy wants to postpone it, but Pearl sings "Everything's Coming Up Roses" to her to boost her confidence. After a commercial break, the number begins and seems like great fun. It's a military themed medly with Lucy with a male chorus. There's a lot of choreography and the audience applauds at several points. During the 68-71 period, Lucy had a lot of her singing dubbed, so it's great to hear her own singing.

I've always thought the fourth season was a distinct improvement over the third. Even the guest star roster is more impressive. Take the Burtons and Sammy Davis (even thought the show was rotten) out of the third and who are you left with? The fourth had Flip at the height of his popularity, Helen Hayes, Dinah Shore, Ginger Rogers, Mike Connors, Bob Cummings, and Viv's best Here's show.

www.tvshowsondvd.com posted a similar item on their site today, apparently the release will be advertised in tomorrow's The Lucy Show release. But they don't have nearly as great shot of the cover art...you should contact/share it with them, Brock! So cool that you got this scoop!

Thanks, Robbie, good idea. Maybe I'll wait until tomorrow though so this can be exclusive for 24 hours or so. Notice the change in the spine image.

"The Pearl Baily Show"?!!! My Holy Grails are coming at me at an alarming rate. First "The Good Years" the "Opening Night" and now this. "Pearl" had a relatively short run as a mid-season replacement on Saturday night in early 1971. I have had the audio of this but have never seen it. There's talk during the show of Lucy's upcoming number and how she doesn't think she's prepared. Lucy wants to postpone it, but Pearl sings "Everything's Coming Up Roses" to her to boost her confidence. After a commercial break, the number begins and seems like great fun. It's a military themed medly with Lucy with a male chorus. There's a lot of choreography and the audience applauds at several points. During the 68-71 period, Lucy had a lot of her singing dubbed, so it's great to hear her own singing.

I've always thought the fourth season was a distinct improvement over the third. Even the guest star roster is more impressive. Take the Burtons and Sammy Davis (even thought the show was rotten) out of the third and who are you left with? The fourth had Flip at the height of his popularity, Helen Hayes, Dinah Shore, Ginger Rogers, Mike Connors, Bob Cummings, and Viv's best Here's show.

Yes, I got just as excited at the prospect of finally seeing this again after so many years -- so many that I remember virtually nothing about it -- thanks for the description -- makes me look forward to it all the more!! (Loved Pearl Bailey back in the day!)

As great as this flyer is -- LOVE the cover art, what with the respective expressions on both their faces! -- it's got mistakes/typos -- does no one know how to proofread anymore??

To wit: "5 new 'Here's Lucy Production Files' as ready by Wanda Clark"?? What, was Wanda not ready?? Or did she read (them)?? Geez!

Plus...GAB co-producer George Ridjaneck's name should have a "k" on the end!!

Well hopefully this isn't the final proof and they can fix these minor errors before it gets mass produced..

How cool that Tim Matheson is "reunited" (in a sense) with Lucy/Lucie and was nabbed for an intro. Cool!

Wonderful news! :D:gale1::lucy2:

I noticed that the intro to the episode, "Kim Cuts You-Know-Who's Apron Strings" includes actor Alan Oppenheimer. Anyone know if he is related to Jess & Gregg?

There is actually no relation. :) Alan later appears in the fifth season premiere "Lucy's Big Break." I wonder if he will do the introduction to that one too.

Wait, wait, wait... you have The Good Years?!! :lucyshock: You've been holding out!

I got to see a great copy of "Good Years" and review my favorite spots.

So, Harry what are your 4th season favorites?

One great thing about the 5th season is that it starts out with 3 excellent shows right in a row: ("Big Break" "Eva Hospital Roomie" and "HC, Male Nurse"), probably the only HL season to do so. I think "Pickle" has a charm of its own, but I can't remember too many stellar eps from the 5th.

I got to see a great copy of "Good Years" and review my favorite spots.

So, Harry what are your 4th season favorites?

One great thing about the 5th season is that it starts out with 3 excellent shows right in a row: ("Big Break" "Eva Hospital Roomie" and "HC, Male Nurse"), probably the only HL season to do so. I think "Pickle" has a charm of its own, but I can't remember too many stellar eps from the 5th.

My favorite fourth season episodes: "Ginger Rogers Comes to Tea," "Kim Moves Out" (my top two Here's Lucy episodes), "Someone's On the Ski Lift with Dinah," "Lucy's Punctured Romance," "Lucy and Mannix Are Held Hostage," "Won't You Calm Down, Dan Dailey?," "With Viv As a Friend, Who Needs an Enemy?," and "Lucy's Replacement." (I didn't realize I listed so many!)

I thoroughly enjoy every fifth season episode of Here's Lucy. There are a few weaker ones ("Lucy and Donny Osmond," "Lucy and the Group Encounter"), but not a single Gorboona type episode. There's not a bear or chimp to be seen that season. They no longer had Milt Josefsberg and outside writers contributing scripts, so I think there's a lot more consistency. The fourth season contains such episodes as "Lucy in the Jungle" and "Lucy's Lucky Day." There's nothing like that in season five.

Archived