DVD Alert: ROMAN SCANDALS (June 2)

Brock

Is this the first time Roman Scandals has been released on DVD? In Jamestown in '13 or '14 they were selling VHS copies!

It was released on DVD in Europe several years ago, but I believe this is the first time it has been released on DVD in North America/Region 1.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The Warner Archive has seen the wisdom of releasing Roman Scandals as a standalone DVD! :HALKING: I'm glad I held off on the entire Eddie Cantor set.

http://www.wbshop.com/product/roman+scandals+%281933%29+%28mod%29+1000569012.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn

Now, if only they'd liberate "Seven Days' Leave" from the Gildersleeve set then we'd really be in business!

• Like 1

Lover Come Back was produced by Universal and TCM does not have the rights to Universal library. They can license films individually. I'm surprised they don't show it because every time they air the Doris Day-Rock Hudson film Robert Osborne says, "This is not related to the Lucille Ball film of the same name." I'm not sure why Universal has not released the movie as part of their DVDs on demand. AMC used to show the movie quote often in the late 1990s.