Bob's Love Affair with Lucy (Intro)

Annaleigh

[quote name=DroopyDrawers :D' timestamp='1291684590' post='4192]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSHBHSXvg2M

I really want to see this special so bad.. Ugh. Haha.

Ah yes, one of her best specials, about four or five of her best sketches with Bob introduced by some friends, it was a very nice tribute to her after she passed on.

[quote name=DroopyDrawers :D' timestamp='1291851264' post='4285]

They should bring out every Lucy and Bob special onto a jam packed DVD :)

Hopefully one day they will have loads and loads of DVDs with Lucy interviews and specials.

I would have thought the Hope specials would be out by now, his estate is so rich i guess don't have to dig out the stuff to release.

I love her response at the end. Every time Lucy received a standing ovation she reacted as if it were her first ovation ever. To see her so surprised and so appreciative is really nice.

She seems so regal on all of her entrances. I think it's her old Hollywood training, knowing how to walk/waltz into a room as an entrance.

Superb!

lbbhla.jpg

I love her response at the end. Every time Lucy received a standing ovation she reacted as if it were her first ovation ever. To see her so surprised and so appreciative is really nice.

She seems so regal on all of her entrances. I think it's her old Hollywood training, knowing how to walk/waltz into a room as an entrance.

Superb!

lbbhla.jpg

Yes, Desi, in his book, has a great way of saying how she'd work the room, the audience, dividing them and acknowledging all of them seperately and she does this here, turning from section to section. She even did that at the Kennedy Center Honors and you can just hear Lucy Ricardo going "FOR ME??? Are you serious, oh stop! But do go on, that's so sweet"! LOL! How about that LOOK she gives Bob when she comes out in the orange and red nightmare outfit, which looks great on her but is so incredibly gaudy.

Archived