LUCY AND BUSTER KEATON

According to Wikipedia, Buster Keaton guest starred in a LUCY SHOW in 1965, we all know he didn't do this, but they did work together that year in the TV special A TRIBUTE TO STAN LAUREL. I wondered if anyone knows if this special (or this particular footage) still survives - could it be added to a future season set ????

I wondered if anyone knows if this special (or this particular footage) still survives - could it be added to a future season set ????

Bits and pieces of A Tribute To Stan Laurel have cropped up on YouTube over the years, so the full special is out there somewhere. To the best of my recollection, Lucy's segment has never surfaced online. Here is one bit currently on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJTXijTlnJ4

I have the FUNNY WORLD OF LUCY DVD but can't recall anything from her sketch (I will try and watch the DVD again soon). Was it a CBS special?? If so, maybe someone could tell Paramount so they could try and get it as an extra for a future Lucy show set

It was either on "Funny World of Lucy" or "A Tribute to Lucy." I do not remembr which DVD it was on. The show was a CBS special, but I do not know if it was actually produced by CBS. I would think it was since nearly all the people who appeared were CBS stars.

• 9 months later...

According to Wikipedia, Buster Keaton guest starred in a LUCY SHOW in 1965, we all know he didn't do this, but they did work together that year in the TV special A TRIBUTE TO STAN LAUREL. I wondered if anyone knows if this special (or this particular footage) still survives - could it be added to a future season set ????

There was a photo of Lucy and Buster from the skit published in The New York Times 5-7 years ago accompanying an article on Keaton in television, I think the Stan Laurel tribute may have been screened at in NYC around that time somewhere.

I found the clipping I mentioned, it was actually fifteen years old; the Museum of Television and Radio had a series "The Return of the Man in the Porkpie Hat: Buster Keaton on Television" which ran from October to December 1996. The article does not list the full collection of television programs screened but Lucy and Keaton are shown from the Stan Laurel special in the lone photograph so presumably at least this skit was shown if not the whole program (and chances seem good the whole thing exists if this skit survived intact).

• 1 month later...

Archived